Dried or Fresh?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, no, no, no. It is fresh chives, cut up tiny mixed in with sour cream, and let sit for couple hours in the fridge, AND then take the baked potato, crack it open, salt and pepper and a lump of butter and a huge dollop of the chive sour cream. that is how its done.
Haha, no, this is too complicated:p I cook potatoes for two minutes and then put them in the oven with fresh basil leaves, onions and some rapeseed oil:)
I'm very lazy when it comes to cooking;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I love to use both fresh and dried herbs, much like everyone else it seems! :) There are certain herbs I always use when fresh, such as cilantro and basil. At times I will use fresh parsley, but if I need it in a pinch I always have dried on hand! I like the flavor of rosemary when it is dried, it is too much for me when it is fresh. Thyme I love both dried and fresh, depending on what i'm making and how strong I want the flavor to be. Overall I think fresh herbs pack more of a punch when it comes to flavor, but dried give off a nice flavor as well, just not as strong.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I use fresh when I have it, when winter comes and there 2 or 3 ft of snow in the garden I use dried

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Whoops!! Thanks for reminding me :) (y)

I love the taste of roasted garlic, it's so sweet and delicious! You've just got to make sure that everyone else eats it too :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Personally I like fresh better. That's just a preference I have - I find that I like the taste better, and I find the taste more vibrant when it's fresh over dried herbs. In saying that though, I'm grateful for dried herbs, and I find the taste just fine -- certain things just won't grow here at certain times of the year, so I need my dried herbs!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I use dried herbs mostly. However I have notice that fresh herbs carry the natural flavor stronger (y)than dried. Dried herbs are just convenient to purchase and easy to use.

Ask a Question