Dragon Fruit

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Wow, you guys so many awesome trees! I see that area of the world is perfect to grow almost everything one can ever imagine .O Very nice! I've always wondered what it would be like to have a cashew tree :LOL:

Our cashew tree is planted in front of our property, right on the sidewalk that is not concrete. We have no more space inside so my husband planted it there. In fact, we still have 2 seedling in soft plastic pots, ready for giving to those who want. Our cashew tree bears more than a hundred fruits in one season. Here is a photo of our last harvest...
IMG_2701 kasoy.JPG

Reaction score
Our cashew tree is planted in front of our property, right on the sidewalk that is not concrete. We have no more space inside so my husband planted it there. In fact, we still have 2 seedling in soft plastic pots, ready for giving to those who want. Our cashew tree bears more than a hundred fruits in one season. Here is a photo of our last harvest... View attachment 8006

Amazing! Thanks a lot for sharing, I had never seen a cashew tree before :O So where are the nuts exactly? Inside that big fruit? It looks really amazing! I can't get cashews any fresher than that :confused: Ever!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Amazing! Thanks a lot for sharing, I had never seen a cashew tree before :O So where are the nuts exactly? Inside that big fruit? It looks really amazing! I can't get cashews any fresher than that :confused: Ever!

Oh, you mean the cashew nuts? They are there, dangling at the bottom of the yellow fruit. The shell of the cashew nut is kinda soft but we don't dare open it with a knife because of the oil which is actually acid (it is itchy to the skin). To break open the shell to get the nut, the way to do it is by burning (or searing in fire) so the shell would voluntarily peel off from the nut. But there's a skin so that's another obstacle. You will notice in the lower portion of the photo, there are small fruits but the seeds are already in normal size.

Reaction score
Oh, you mean the cashew nuts? They are there, dangling at the bottom of the yellow fruit. The shell of the cashew nut is kinda soft but we don't dare open it with a knife because of the oil which is actually acid (it is itchy to the skin). To break open the shell to get the nut, the way to do it is by burning (or searing in fire) so the shell would voluntarily peel off from the nut. But there's a skin so that's another obstacle. You will notice in the lower portion of the photo, there are small fruits but the seeds are already in normal size.

h, it sounds like a really troublesome task then :( No wonder cashews are so expensive here!!! They take so much work to extract... Everyday I learn something new on here. It's amazing! Makes me appreciate more what those people who grow those trees do!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
h, it sounds like a really troublesome task then :( No wonder cashews are so expensive here!!! They take so much work to extract... Everyday I learn something new on here. It's amazing! Makes me appreciate more what those people who grow those trees do!

Just another segue for the cashew, the nut itself has oil which is actually an acid. A certain Dr. Dela Cruz had discovered that the oil of the cashew can dissolve warts in a painless procedure. The doctor had concocted an ointment for that oil which he uses in his clinic in the mall. The writeup says it is 100% effective in eradicating warts.

Reaction score
Just another segue for the cashew, the nut itself has oil which is actually an acid. A certain Dr. Dela Cruz had discovered that the oil of the cashew can dissolve warts in a painless procedure. The doctor had concocted an ointment for that oil which he uses in his clinic in the mall. The writeup says it is 100% effective in eradicating warts.

That is amazing! But I'd not like to even handle one of those fruits then, it sounds like such a dangerous task D: Really amazing for those who have warts and want to remove them though, at least for the ones that live there. Over here they use the usual freezing method.

Ask a Question