Double Delight

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
My Double Delight Tea Rose ~ I've had it about 3 years, but was cut back to be moved to the new house, so it has to acquire size again. It was reaching a good 6 ft high

dd_zpsajmyqnf1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Beautiful! (y)

I love roses (well, who doesn't) but early on had bad luck with them so haven't tried in many years. Maybe I should give roses another go. I have a sunny spot along the west side of the house I've been thinking of de-weeding and planting in. Hmmm.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Natalie, that is not only a lovely rose, but it's one of the healthiest I"ve ever seen! Well done on getting it moved and settled into its new home.

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
Natalie, that is not only a lovely rose, but it's one of the healthiest I"ve ever seen! Well done on getting it moved and settled into its new home.
Thank you! I was battling rabbits eating some of my roses in the beginning of the spring, one of my tea roses looks like a standard right now, all the bottom leaves were eaten right off... finally managed the rabbits and they are all bouncing back now.
Picked up a Queen Elizabeth today to put in, looks a little starved for sunlight, but I think it will do great once she's in and adjusted! :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Funny, I’ve been growing hybrid teas for more than 20 years and one of the few I’ve had to shovel prune was double delight, three times in two different locations! I’ve given up on them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Funny, I’ve been growing hybrid teas for more than 20 years and one of the few I’ve had to shovel prune was double delight, three times in two different locations! I’ve given up on them
It is ironic that Double Delight does not do well for you like your other hybrid tea roses.

Ask a Question