Does Mulching Have a Leveling Effect Over Time?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
FYI website URLs are always case-insensitive.
Google searches are not case sensitive but url's are always case sensitive. So if you type it in as a url it has to match exactly both upper and lower case.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not so. There may be some odd web servers that do some things with case, but generally, all urls are fully case-insensitive.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not so. There may be some odd web servers that do some things with case, but generally, all urls are fully case-insensitive.

I'm only going by what google says, I guess they could be wrong about their own system lol. If you ever developed your own website they suggest using all lowercase otherwise it's harder for people to search with url. But again, I am only going by what google says when I took the time to research it over a coffee this morning.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You do realize url is used as http:// etc right? A simple Google search is not url. If I type in garden forums it will show the most popular related stuff first. If I want a specific website or page of a website I would use url. This forum happens to be one of the few popular forums left on the internet that isn't Reddit or social media so it comes up on top. Some websites might be pages behind others. Google uses popularity for their searches, showing the most traffic used. A new website isn't likely going to be the first thing you see when you google it most likely. You need traffic to get it on top.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
When I say URLs are case-insensitive, I'm just talking about loading them in your browser. What google does with URLs in it's search index is a whole other story. Best practice is to use lowercase for everything but uppercase, at least in the domain part, should always work. I think web servers running on Windows servers might have case sensitivity issues in the path part of the URL. But most web servers run on some kind of unix these days.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Two URLs could look the same, and even lead to the same content, but they could be treated as different URLs if one has a capital letter and the other doesn't. Mueller says: “By definition, URLs are case sensitive, and also things like slashes at the end do matter. So, technically, yes — these things matter.

A Uniform Resource Locator, colloquially termed a web address, is a reference to a web resource that specifies its location on a computer network and a mechanism for retrieving it. A URL is a specific type of Uniform Resource Identifier, although many people use the two terms interchangeably.

Typing something in a search engine like "gardening forum" is not a url is a search. A url is specific to a website.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If you post a link to a website or website page you post the url, not a name of a website. They are two different things. Simply saying "garden forum" isn't a url.

Ask a Question