Do you practice hydroponics?

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Agriculture is shifting from rainfed irrigation using the soil medium to hydroponics which is also referred to as soil free farming. This system of farming has some major advantages like the fact that you can farm all year round and its quite easy to control the nutrients thereby optimizing production. Its also easy to control pests and diseases. I don't know whether its cheap or expensive than soil farming. Do you practice hydroponics or has it caught up in your country?

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I have never done hydroponics but I have done aquaponics before and I was really surprised by the results. I honestly didn't expect much from it but it really does work.

Reaction score
I can say that our country has caught on to hydroponics but its adoption has not been widespread. I wouldn't compare it to soil farming though because as of now, there are only a few crops that can be grown with it. It is mostly used to grow lettuce and tomatoes and it's more beneficial in areas where there are no soil to plant on. Like if you're living in a condominium, you can still grow your vegetables using hydroponics. It's a cleaner type of farming. I have yet to check though if the chemicals they use to supply the water with nutrient is safe if people will consume hydroponic-grown plant for long.

Ask a Question