Dehydrated Fruit

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I will take a look at Amazon, I sometimes forget that place sells more than just books. Plus I have prime and so I would get 2 day free shipping. I just need to make sure it would be worth the money spent on one before I go out and spend the money.

Reaction score
I love dehydrated fruit but I have never tried to do it my self. I heard of putting the fruit into the freezer to dry it out I am not to sure about the whole entire process though.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Making your own dried fruit sounds like fun. I have seen the ads on tv for food dehydrators, just never thought of doing it myself.

Reaction score
I will take a look at Amazon, I sometimes forget that place sells more than just books. Plus I have prime and so I would get 2 day free shipping. I just need to make sure it would be worth the money spent on one before I go out and spend the money.

What an odd thing to say. I haven't actually bought a book on Amazon in years, but I've bought video games, clothes, computer parts, food, toys, small appliances, DVDs.
Amazon is so well known for selling absolutely everything that I find it hard to believe that anyone still thinks of them as a bookstore.

The only way to make sure it is "worth the money spent" is to ask yourself how often you have surplus produce and how often you will make dehydrated fruit.

Reaction score
The other day I purchased some dried apples from the store, as they were on sale. I was shocke that they actually taste really good...so good I am having a hard time staying out of them! This got me to thinking, does anyone dehydrate their own fruit? Is there a dehydrater that you could recommend for those of us who would like to dry out our own fruit?
I don't have my own dehydrator but we love dried fruit ! I buy it at the health food store all the time but it can be very expensive. :( I would love to do it myself but really never knew where to start. Thank you for all the great information in these posts. Very helpful !

Danyel :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I still don't have a dehydrator ever since I started obsessing over it when I found a recipe for dehydrated tomatoes. I read online that you can substitute a dehydrator by drying the produce under the sun. This takes much patience and a lot of time though. Of course, the weather has to be really sunny.

Ask a Question