Curtains Opened

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20160916_005353.jpg
Note the precarious branch suspended midair. This happened in a storm March this year. A friend pointed out to me that the tree next to it was actually dead and as it was is on Council land, right on the border of my garden, it seemed like a great chance to have some tree lopping done free of charge. It only took 7 months for the council to do the job but now i have a nice panoramic view through this section. Feels like curtains have opened.
Here are the guys in action. Great to watch, couldn't help applauding and didn't he play up to it, bit of a song and dance man:ROFLMAO:;). Entertaining afternoon and now it has opened up my vista(y). Lucky me
rps20160916_010218.jpg

Last edited:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes, lucky you! (y)

They recently came and trimmed all the trees that were getting in the way of the power lines in our back alley. I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who applauds and cheers their endeavors!!

:ROFLMAO: The guy doing the work on ours played up to it, too! Not a song and dance man, but a bit of an Elvis impersonator. "Thank you...thank you very much..." and taking bows from his bucket! :ROFLMAO:

(P.S. - In your first picture, that is an absolutely beautiful purple flowering whatever it is!! :love: :love: What is it?? :))

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Yes, lucky you! (y)

They recently came and trimmed all the trees that were getting in the way of the power lines in our back alley. I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who applauds and cheers their endeavors!!

:ROFLMAO: The guy doing the work on ours played up to it, too! Not a song and dance man, but a bit of an Elvis impersonator. "Thank you...thank you very much..." and taking bows from his bucket! :ROFLMAO:

(P.S. - In your first picture, that is an absolutely beautiful purple flowering whatever it is!! :love: :love: What is it?? :))
Yes, lucky you! (y)

Our guy took a few bows too and a couple of royal waves.
I have some purple salvias and budhlias planted in that section but have chopped them right back. Id need to go down in daylight to check. Think it's the salvias i got as cuttings from my neighbour in that shot. It's a really strong colour

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Yes, lucky you! (y)

rps20160916_021548.jpg
This is a photo of it growing through the holly tree in that section MaryMary which i really liked, too. Looked very colouful from my verandah.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:love: That is beautiful, DeborahJane. Looks like you've put a lot of work into that! :love:

(Sigh... someday I will have a yard of my own!!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's great! Even better that it was free :D

Always love seeing photos of your garden :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What a beautiful view you have!
I had some tree and branch removal done last week. I wasn't around at the time (left for work just as they were showing up) so I didn't get a song and dance routine. :) I got home to a wider open view, sawdust all over my back deck but all other logs and such evidence removed.

But I have been present when former tree guys have shown up and they are really impressive with how much they get done in a short amount of time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
:love: That is beautiful, DeborahJane. Looks like you've put a lot of work into that! :love:

(Sigh... someday I will have a yard of my own!!)

I'm sure you will have a garden of your own MaryMary and all this homework and research you are doing on this forum will come in very handy. (y)
I have put in a lot of work but its is so rewarding. I did about 5 hours yesterday and whilst you can't see much difference us gardeners see!!!! It's early Spring here so it really is great to be able to get back into the garden after a very cold and wet winter. Lots more to be done, shapes, colours, spaces to be balanced to say nothing of the oxalis and onion weed.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm sure you will have a garden of your own MaryMary and all this homework and research you are doing on this forum will come in very handy. (y)
Oh, I have a garden!! :) I indulge myself through the summer with all the vegetables I want to grow.

We rent, and the landlords have told us to feel free to plant anything we want. I'm holding off, until I buy a house of my own. To have a yard of my own. I want an arched trellis over the front walk, planted with clematis! (Or anything pretty and purple that smells good! (y) ) I want a back deck to sit on, not a patched concrete block that is falling apart. I want to plant fruit trees!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I do like an archway myself MaryMary. I have 3 but only 2 planted out. The 3rd is an entrance to my veggie patch which i just can't master but that shouldn't stop me planting something on it, should it? Next project. I just posted my gated arch on "What's looking good in September" whilst it's is flowering and will post my free standing arch which I see from my deck so I see it everyday. It has a banksia rose and honey suckle growing over it. Actually the honey suckle is coming out now.

Ask a Question