Cucumbers are getting yellow

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b-10a
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Hi everyone. Could anyone please help me and tell me why my cucumbers' plants are getting yellow?

Attachments

• DSC_0165.JPG
    DSC_0165.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 109
  • _20200807_014640.JPG
    _20200807_014640.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 96
  • _20200807_014706.JPG
    _20200807_014706.JPG
    301.3 KB · Views: 93
  • _20200807_014706.JPG
    _20200807_014706.JPG
    301.3 KB · Views: 106
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
From just the pictures I would say the main reason is a lack of micro-nutrients most notably iron and magnesium.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b-10a
Country
From just the pictures I would say the main reason is a lack of micro-nutrients most notably iron and magnesium.
Hi again. Would you please tell me how much iron and magnesium I should use per litre to make my plants healthy again?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b-10a
Country
What I use in the US is called Chelated Iron. It is a liquid and is mixed @ 1 oz per gallon of water.
Thanks a lot. The new leaves are quite healthy and the plants are growing well but the existing leaves get yellow. And the buds dont flourish. They just get dry. Is it just the matter of iron and magnesium?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks a lot. The new leaves are quite healthy and the plants are growing well but the existing leaves get yellow. And the buds dont flourish. They just get dry. Is it just the matter of iron and magnesium?
After learning this, no, it isn't. This sounds more like a temperature problem. What are the daytime high temperatures there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b-10a
Country
After learning this, no, it isn't. This sounds more like a temperature problem. What are the daytime high temperatures there.
During last 2 weeks it has been up to 44 centigrades. The whole summer the temperature is the same or even higher. Last month it reached 47 degrees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
During last 2 weeks it has been up to 44 centigrades. The whole summer the temperature is the same or even higher. Last month it reached 47 degrees.
That is way too hot for cucumber production. Anything over 35C slows them down. Perhaps if you could get some shade cloth over them during the hottest part of the day would help. Also, being in containers allows the roots to become hotter than if in the ground. And repeated watering from the top in containers causes leaching of nutrients, both micro and macro. From the pictures it definitely shows chlorosis in the leaves so fertilizing will also be needed, for both NPK and micro-nutrients.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b-10a
Country
That is way too hot for cucumber production. Anything over 35C slows them down. Perhaps if you could get some shade cloth over them during the hottest part of the day would help. Also, being in containers allows the roots to become hotter than if in the ground. And repeated watering from the top in containers causes leaching of nutrients, both micro and macro. From the pictures it definitely shows chlorosis in the leaves so fertilizing will also be needed, for both NPK and micro-nutrients.
You are a life saver Chuck. I have a 50 percent shade over them. And I have added som NPK 2 days ago. I will do as you prescribe.

Ask a Question