Crepe myrtles for zone 6a in Canada

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does anyone know of a nursery in the GTA or southern Ontario which sells Crepe myrtles that are hardy for this area? Failing that, can anyone suggest any type of Crepe myrtle at all which I would then bring indoors for the winter. I have tried seeds but seed vendors are not reliable.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You could probably grow any variety as long as you put it somewhere that stays above 0*F in the winter it will survive and bloom. The Indian Tribes series (Kiowa, Natchez, Zuni, Pueblo, etc.) are hardier than plain Lagerstoemia indica.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does anyone know of a nursery in the GTA or southern Ontario which sells Crepe myrtles that are hardy for this area? Failing that, can anyone suggest any type of Crepe myrtle at all which I would then bring indoors for the winter. I have tried seeds but seed vendors are not reliable.
Thank you for your reply. I will continue to try to obtain a plant as my first choice. Failing that, I will try sourcing a reliable seed vendor.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thank you for your interest. Sourcing a Canadian vendor is a problem and I haven't located a US nursery that will ship Crepe myrtles to Canada.

Ask a Question