Cranberry Cotoneaster

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I brought my Cranberry Cotoneaster in this Friday since we were finally getting some night time temperatures below 30. Like most plants brought in from outside, it is a little upset right now over the change but it will get over it in time. I plan on beginning it's bonsai training this coming spring.

20151109_150517.jpg

20151109_150535.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
She's a beauty. I hope she gets used to being inside for a little while. Make sure she has some plant friends to interact with while she's inside. Best of wishes.

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a Cranberry Cotoneaster. I wouldn't mind having one of these. The plant is gorgeous and reminds me of a Zen Tree. It'd be nice to have one on my desk to look at from time to time. :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
The common name Cranberry Cotoneaster is usually applied to Cotoneaster apiculatus, a low growing deciduous species native to central China. This may indeed be the plant pictured though there are a number of similar species of Cotoneaster, and subtle difference in leaf form could be due to either species-specific, individual genetic, or cultural reasons.

Note the name Cotoneaster is pronounced with five syllables.

Ask a Question