Cordless lawn tools

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Looking to go electric for my mower and would like to invest in a good battery system for mower, string trimmer, blower, pole saw and chain saw. Any good recommendations?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've got quite a few Ryobi "One" tools, they all use the same batteries and are generally quite affordable to buy. I've mainly got them as power tools in my workshop and they're good for DIY/hobby use, so I bought a leaf blower and trimmer so that can share the batteries. I've got no complaints with them :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I've got quite a few Ryobi "One" tools, they all use the same batteries and are generally quite affordable to buy. I've mainly got them as power tools in my workshop and they're good for DIY/hobby use, so I bought a leaf blower and trimmer so that can share the batteries. I've got no complaints with them :).
Probably great for drills and such, I use the craftsman C3 system for that. 18V is a little low for a mower though, not sure they have one anyway.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Probably great for drills and such, I use the craftsman C3 system for that. 18V is a little low for a mower though, not sure they have one anyway.

Yep we've got a Ryobi cordless mower, it's fantastic (y)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep we've got a Ryobi cordless mower, it's fantastic (y)
Is that the 40v mower? How much run time do you get from a full battery?

Unfortunately, it's actually not a Ryobi cordless mower that we've got (I've talked about wanting one, which is why Becky may have thought that!) - it's a Bosch one that looks similar and uses it's own battery. I bought it before all of the Ryobi tools, otherwise I'd have gone for their mower too. Our Bosch is one of the 36V ones and I guess it would last around 25 minutes (I only use it for approx 10 min at a time, so there's plenty of charge left).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ours is very light - even I can lift it (when my back is doing ok) which is saying something!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
K, just to update. I decided to go with the kobalt 80v Max line. Close it because of the power available and cost. Identical to the greenworks stuff by the way and can use either battery with some minor modification. The kobalt is cheaper, easily available at Lowe's.

Haven't bought much yet, just the string trimmer. Battery charged fully in about 25 minutes and has way more perpo than it old black and Decker. So far I am VERY pleased with this. I also have a pole saw attachment for it, but haven't got to try it yet.

I had to use the mower a bit today and my darn gas can pump broke, so now I have probably 7 or 8 gallons stuck in there... I'm so done with gas!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I bought the echo 58v blower today, the new design with the jet fan. My stihl handheld got twitchy after near daily use by my wife. Turbo mode is a button where it locks in up to a half speed setting and you press turbo now and then to really get things moving. During leaf fall around here I will use the gassers but most of the year this thing will be fine.

@vette-kid how have your 80v machine been treating you?

Ask a Question