Cooking Dried Beans.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Serbia
I love beans but i hate frozen food and i avoid it whenever i can. I didn't understand why you had to do that and i am a bit confused about purchasing these. It is more effective to buy fresh, normal beans and cook them when you need. I was i chef in many restaurants and there we used canned beans so we do not have to wait for too long to cook them. Heinz is very good. But for home, i buy these http://weknowyourdreams.com/images/bean/bean-01.jpg and cook them when i want. It is the best way.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
A few beans serve a lot of people. I cook and freeze and ingest almost daily with my main meal. After something is cooked freezing affects the final product very little. I store in small containers, so not too much is kept in the refrigerator after being thawed. At best a four or five day supply in the refrigerator.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
My only concern is in the event of a power outage you would loose your beans. A suggestion is to put them in jars and can them so that refrigeration isn't needed.

This is only a small amount about a ten day supply. Losing them due to power failure would not be a catastrophic loss. I find storing the dried beans is a good method of long term storage as opposed to canning.

Ask a Question