Colorful Impatiens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
depends on the area I am planting in, have lots of different areas. I am about color coordinating. So with my big green hosta area I am going to throw in vibrant red. out in the front of the house even though there is hostas, I might want to magnify the moonlight and put all white in, so at night the white flower work with the moonlight. out in the back other colors are blooming, I might think of lavenders and pinks. depends.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
But at my mailbox I might do this. MailBox.jpgMailBox.jpg
MailBox.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
yeah that thing is heavy, weekly I take it off the hook and turn it, so to have even sides.
Yes @DirtMechanic that thing is so heavy. when I plant it up near my house. I have to hoist it into the back of my car, brace balance it, drive the car down the long driveway and a quick hoist up to the hook behind the mailbox. it takes 28 plants to fill the pockets including 4 to 5 on the top. I have tried the wheel barrel with it, but its easy to tilt due to the weight, car keeps it safer, and less strain on me.

So I see now @LouisFerdinand you are from Ohio, I also am from Ohio, left there at age 29 to move out here. Lived in Macedonia, Ohio. where in Ohio do you live? Still have cousins there, some in University heights, and some in Youngstown.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I was pondering my mail box display for this year. I want it to be red, white and blue. its the blue that's got me a little bewildered. what blue flowering plant can do well in the shade? and don't say that cute little one, that grows in clusters, forgot the name, it does not work, tried that one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I'm not picky; purples, pinks, reds, orange. It all works. For pansies I'm partial to red, white and blue.
I like pansies also. and have a good place I can go buy them, where they have all sorts of colors and the wee cute ones also. but come near the end of june they just get so leggy, its nuts, I mostly just toss them into another garden. so I skip the pansies usually and wait till I plant the impatiences.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
yeah that thing is heavy, weekly I take it off the hook and turn it, so to have even sides.
I bought 8 of these 3" swivels years ago and they're still like new. Come fall when the hanging planters have died off and I clean them up and put them away, I take my swivels inside and store them in the house where I'll find them come spring. I turn all of my plants 1/4 weekly, those baskets are just too heavy to lift up to do that all summer. Mine are higher than yours, and I also have hooks which are harder to line up to replace the planter on the hook as well. I love those swivels.

I got mine from Amazon ( these are the ones I purchased ), they are very heavy duty and make it a simple thing to just twist the baskets a bit each week to turn them. Not a bit of rust on them after 5 years of being outside all summer.

Ask a Question