Clover and weed ridden, bumpy grass

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That is one nice green lawn and a lot to mow.

Thanks! That is actually just 20% of my yard and the main part I have mowed regularly, Most of the rest is left to go wild, or is vegetables or perennial beds. The lawn pictured is the better part of fenced area the dogs get to run in minus the wild treed area just to the right of that photo. When they are not inside sleeping on the furniture LOL.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the dark green clover in the yard it makes the grass look so much more lush.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We have a small lawn of bermuda grass and another is frog grass. Before, I didn't know that it was clover, those weeds that that inhabit our lawns. When my husband was pulling them out, that's when he said those are clovers that ruin the bermuda grass. I only knew clover from the song 4-leaf clover.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Clover has taken over part of my back lawn, and I love it. It needs less water, doesn't have to be mown as often, stays greener and feels soft underfoot. Plus the flowers give food to the bees. I'd love to have all clover. The clover lawns pictured here are beautiful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Clover is awesome. I much prefer it over grass for sure. There's a huge field that I live near that's almost all clover and there's all sorts of awesome bugs that visit. Admiral and monarch butterflies, honey bees and bumble bees, ect.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
I like the idea of entirely clover lawns actually, I think they look so beautifully green! :) I've got quite a bit of clover on mine but not loads. My grass looks pretty good despite of the fact I have two large dogs that walk/run/pee/poop across it daily :p It grows like crazy too in the summer, its pretty bumpy but I think thats cos there is so much stone in the soil around where I am.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Small stone seem to grow as fast as my lawn does :) I live on what was part of a lake some 300 years ago and now I have lots of sand and small stones, but with mowing/ mulching The soil have become really good and less sand but still have small stones growing.

Ask a Question