China doll plant

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need help to prevent the branches and leaves from falling off. When I bought the plants it was full of branches and leaves. The soil was dry to the touch.I moved it to the living room to my bedroom and no success. What can I do to prevent the branches from falling off?

Attachments

• 16333710401967970427206879207637.jpg
    16333710401967970427206879207637.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
Country
United States
The China-doll Tree (Radermachera sinica) has compound leaves. What look like falling branches are just single compound leaves. As with any tree, it will drop older leaves as it grows. This is only a problem if more leaves are dropped than are replaced. Radermachera sinica wants bright light. It can grow in full sun but does not do well in full shade. If grown in bright light your tree may retain its leaves longer, but at some point it, like most trees, will likely develop a bare trunk. You can try to tip-prune the stems to encourage side-branching, but Radermachera sinica is not a species that branches heavily.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The China-doll Tree (Radermachera sinica) has compound leaves. What look like falling branches are just single compound leaves. As with any tree, it will drop older leaves as it grows. This is only a problem if more leaves are dropped than are replaced. Radermachera sinica wants bright light. It can grow in full sun but does not do well in full shade. If grown in bright light your tree may retain its leaves longer, but at some point it, like most trees, will likely develop a bare trunk. You can try to tip-prune the stems to encourage side-branching, but Radermachera sinica is not a species that branches heavily.
Thank you so much for leaving this post. It has new branches and leaves. I just hope that it keeps growing.

Ask a Question