Cayenne Peppers

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have ground up Cayenne Peppers basically we can use these for flavoring anything. Right?

My wife made some Cowboy Candy using mostly Jalapeños and some Cayenne. She said I could use it to replace my Hot Sauce.

And has decided I'm to grow Cayenne and Jalapeño Peppers next year. No Sweet Peppers.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Grew enough cayennes last year to last us for ages! Best way to grind them dry fine for cayenne pepper in bulk is one of those small spinning blade coffee grinders, or a magic bullet or anything SEALED. Covert the hole and spout if using a blender. If you have to resort to a food processor, cover the whole thing with a towel. Otherwise the fine dust will get in the air and you and your pets will regret it. Whatever you use will most likely not grind the seeds and you will have to sieve them out - unless you want them. That's how they harvest chili pepper seeds commercially for sale.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Grew enough cayennes last year to last us for ages! Best way to grind them dry fine for cayenne pepper in bulk is one of those small spinning blade coffee grinders, or a magic bullet or anything SEALED. Covert the hole and spout if using a blender. If you have to resort to a food processor, cover the whole thing with a towel. Otherwise the fine dust will get in the air and you and your pets will regret it. Whatever you use will most likely not grind the seeds and you will have to sieve them out - unless you want them. That's how they harvest chili pepper seeds commercially for sale.
Thats how we do it. We use the seeds and fine ground.

This Winter will give some to Chickens to get them laying.

She put Cowboy Candy juice on some meat. Oh man that was good.

big rockpile

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States

And has decided I'm to grow Cayenne and Jalapeño Peppers next year. No Sweet Peppers.

big rockpile
We had a thread awhile back on sweet peppers...and there @Headfullofbeas recommended the deToro sweet pepper.

I've been growing them all spring, summer, and now fall and they produced peppers right through 110 degF temps. They taste great and have replaced bell peppers on my garden inventory along with Jalapeno and Cayenne.

Picked this one today and several more waiting:

torro pepper.JPG

Ask a Question