Can you recognize these trees?

Reaction score
Country
Greece
If you look at the branch on the lower right, you can see some round seed-pods. It's a Jacaranda. Might it have had white flowers instead?
are you sure its not acacia?

1643671678027.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
The tree shown in the post immediately preceding is not an Acacia, it is a Silk Tree (Albizia julibrissin).

JimFit, did you take that pic? It's much better quality than any other you posted.

The tree photo you posted previously was very poor quality, but it was a Jacaranda mimosifolia.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Greece
The tree shown in the post immediately preceding is not an Acacia, it is a Silk Tree (Albizia julibrissin).

JimFit, did you take that pic? It's much better quality than any other you posted.

The tree photo you posted previously was very poor quality, but it was a Jacaranda mimosifolia.
Albizia julibrissin in Greece is called Acacia from Constantinople. This photo was found on the internet, i was wondering because Albizia julibrissin is used a lot in Athens and the leaves look alike the leaves i send you but if you are sure thats okay!

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Check out the leaf arrangement. Jacaranda has opposite leaves while Acacia and Albizzia have alternate leaves.
i don't belive its Jacaranda, the trunk looks different

Attachments

• erwrwerwerew.JPG
    erwrwerwerew.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 14
  • ewrwrwrewrewr.JPG
    ewrwrwrewrewr.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Country
Greece
It doesn't look at all like Jacaranda, totally different, i believe the pictures above are Albizia julibrissin

1643731091641.png

Reaction score
Country
Greece
what is that tree? I only know that its deciduous

Attachments

• 34434343343433.JPG
    34434343343433.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please, better photographs, including close-ups of entire leaves and stems. Photos of bark can also be helpful, and of course, flowers and fruit if there are any to be seen.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think post #26 actually IS Albizzia that has been cut back hard or pollarded. Again, a close-up of the leaves would help. The one from Clarke Quay is harder to identify since the trees are not the photo subject. They do sort of look like Crape Myrtle, Lagerstroemia indica.

Ask a Question