Can someone help with my lithops!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My lithops are wrinkly and squishy and I don't know whether to water them. I'm worried because I know just how easily they can die. Also, I don't know what stage they are at but they don't seem to be splitting. Can anyone help me?
16774280949265455530544020108206.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wrinkly and squishy lithops are typically a sign that they are overwatered. Lithops are adapted to survive in arid conditions and can easily rot if their soil is consistently moist. It's important to let the soil dry out completely between watering.
To determine if your lithops need water, you can gently press on the top of the soil to feel if it is dry or moist. If the soil is dry, you can give the lithops a thorough watering, allowing the water to soak through the soil and drain out of the pot's bottom. If the soil is moist, it's best to wait until it has completely dried out before watering again.
In terms of the lithops not splitting, it's important to note that lithops have their own schedule and will split when they're ready. It's normal for lithops to go through periods of dormancy where they don't appear to be doing anything. During this time, it's important to continue to monitor their soil moisture and avoid overwatering.
Overall, it's important to give your lithops the proper care they need to thrive. This includes well-draining soil, bright but filtered light, and infrequent watering. With the right care, lithops can live for many years and provide a unique addition to any succulent collection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question