Can butternut plant be regenerated?

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Some months ago, I raised some butternut plants on hilly garden and got a bountiful harvest. However, the rigours of raising another butternut crop from seed deterred me from making a quick replacement of the crop. I noticed that the vegetative parts of the earlier crop was regenerating but I somehow doubted the possibility of the resurgence of another crop. The garden is now choking with weeds. Any advice?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Some months ago, I raised some butternut plants on hilly garden and got a bountiful harvest. However, the rigours of raising another butternut crop from seed deterred me from making a quick replacement of the crop. I noticed that the vegetative parts of the earlier crop was regenerating but I somehow doubted the possibility of the resurgence of another crop. The garden is now choking with weeds. Any advice?
Theoretically I suppose it would be possible although squash are annuals not perennials. I suppose it would depend on the climate. If it didn't freeze it might come back

Ask a Question