Calling all cat lovers!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You surely can train a cat, but you need to use bribe. Will definitely work. Some cats just kill to play with the corpse.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Quick question about cat tail movement? I figure one of ya all might have idea. When petting Tom on his belly he will slowly move tip of tail side to side while lying on his back, eyes closed. Is this a good or bad thing?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Bingo, that tail movement is a good thing. Fast twitching is not good. Making "biscuits" which is a kneading movement with front paws is good. Talons out and taking swipes at you is not good. Quick cat tutorial ;)!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Bingo, that tail movement is a good thing. Fast twitching is not good. Making "biscuits" which is a kneading movement with front paws is good. Talons out and taking swipes at you is not good. Quick cat tutorial ;)!

Marlin - one of talents - cats' language and rose expert!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ya Tom really seems to enjoy it, he will lay on his side and I usually start rubbing his belly lightly, he closes his eyes sometimes fully lying on his back. The tail movement don't last long but usually if I have time to prolong the petting he usually falls asleep, sometimes snoring or jerking in his sleep. He's never tried to bite me, he has a tenancy to come in our room stand on my body and flip down. I think he sees the atte tion I give my dog and he gets in the middle of it too. He enjoys being close to Bingo my dog alot and will put his pal on Bingos face. He's the only one that Bingo will share me with, Jerry is usually off limits to me and Jerry seems to know that when Bingos around. When he's not around Jerry will lay next to me or on me at times.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very suspicious stray staying in my garden. Once or twice, I would give it some free Purina cat food given away by a supermarket for promotion. It had never come near me before and I had to leave the dry cat food on the ground and retire and it would come and eat them. This happened twice and after that, it would rub its body against my leg, which I disliked very much. I shooed it away. After that, it would pretend to walk away and when I went back to the lean-to, it would come straight back to see if there was food outside the lean-to for it to eat. I didn't leave any behind and after that, it just doesn't want to know me! A very suspicious and streetwise stray! Cautious enough to be a spy or 007 Bond!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are a few of Tom snuggling with me
20180917_210410.jpg
20180917_201534.jpg

Attachments

• 20180917_200420.jpg
    20180917_200420.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 152

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Forgot to mention that the cat was even more distant after I had seen it chomping away at a big black bird body! Glad that it's enjoying its kind of food in the proper food chain. Sorry, bird!

Ask a Question