Cactus Leaning

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, everybody! I hope yall are having a wonderful day/night. The first cactus I got a year or 2 ago and she is having pups! My concern, however is how much she is leaning over! She's looking like she's actually struggling to give these babies is it normal for cactus to warp that much? Also excuse the sunburn on her..

Attachments

• 20210707_070706.jpg
    20210707_070706.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 52
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Plants tend to lean over because they are drawn by sunlight. Rotate the pot.
In the wild. Wind can also cause plants to lean over.

Often cultivated plants can be supported with canes.

I am puzzled by what you call babies. In particular with your cactus. Might these growths actually be flower buds, or even perhaps new branches as such?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Plants tend to lean over because they are drawn by sunlight. Rotate the pot.
In the wild. Wind can also cause plants to lean over.

Often cultivated plants can be supported with canes.

I am puzzled by what you call babies. In particular with your cactus. Might these growths actually be flower buds, or even perhaps new branches as such?
I rotate my plants fairly often! She started leaning over when the pups began to grow! I refer to the pups as babies! I apologize for the confusion. I have another cactus with a bunch of pups but she isn't leaning so extremely.

Reaction score
Country
United States
посмотрите, как растения тянутся к солнцу, это нормальный процесс, просто включите его

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
посмотрите, как растения тянутся к солнцу, это нормальный процесс, просто включите его
Very interesting. Is that with chips, french fries, mussy peas etc. Seriously. No offence meant, friend. I'm 82 and still struggling with my native english.;);) LOL.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
''watch the plants stretch towards the sun, this is a normal process, just turn it on''

is the translation in English to the above '' посмотрите, как растения тянутся к солнцу, это нормальный процесс, просто включите его''
the above is Russian!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

English please, this is an English language forum :)

Ask a Question