Broccoli and other brassicas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Good luck guys, the weather here (hopefully) won't have much influence on my winter brassicas.
A friend in Thailand sent me some Chinese broccoli seeds called Kai-Lan Apparently they don't make heads or side shoots. Have you ever grown them and if so do you grow them like any other brassicas?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
A friend in Thailand sent me some Chinese broccoli seeds called Kai-Lan Apparently they don't make heads or side shoots. Have you ever grown them and if so do you grow them like any other brassicas?
I've not grown it before, but it is brassica oleracea, so I would grow it the same.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Can you eat the leaves of the Brussels sprouts plants? How about the leaves of broccoli or cauliflower?
Yes, the leaves of all if them are edible, but IMO not all that tasty. The upper newer leaves aren't too bad but the lower leaves not so much

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
They sell sprouts tops in greengrocers' shops here, and I've even seen them in a large supermarket.
Cauliflower leaves are nice, if they're the tender ones close to the curds, but the best part is the middle vein, which is delicious sliced and stir-fried.

Ask a Question