Branch turning orange on my japanese maple

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Spain
Hi!

Recently I bought a japanese maple, specifically an Ukigumo. One of the branches is apparently pruned and now, after almost one month, I have realized that branch is turning orange at the end. Should I be worried?

20210414_193003.jpg

More information that maybe help:

Here the weather was humid and cool in general, two night with weak frost and some sunny days with 68ºF . The maple is in his original pot, in full shade and it's growing well. I have noticed it was repotted recently and I didn't water yet because the soil maintain some humidity.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It is dieing back for some reason. They do that sometimes when there has been stress, usually environmental. The repotting or pruning may have something to do with it. It will eventually stop at a pair of buds or a branch. I would watch it and cut off the dead part when it stops.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Spain
It is dieing back for some reason. They do that sometimes when there has been stress, usually environmental. The repotting or pruning may have something to do with it. It will eventually stop at a pair of buds or a branch. I would watch it and cut off the dead part when it stops.

Thank you so much, I'll do that.

Ask a Question