Should I remove this branch from my aloe plant?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
Attached is what I saw coming out of my aloe at the top? What is it? Should I remove that branch that has it?

Attachments

• IMG_7867.jpg
    IMG_7867.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_7868.jpg
    IMG_7868.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 110
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I would let it finish blooming. The stem for the flower will die and then you can remove it if you like.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
One more question, the top of several of the aloe leaves are turning brown. This area of my garden only has sun half day so it's not sun burn. It's been raining all day long everyday last week so not sure that's the reason.

Do you know why the tip of several aloe leaves are turning brown?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Some Aloe will regularly get brown leaf tips even with good care. It can be minimized to some degree by growing the plants in well-drained soil and giving them supplemental water during dry periods, which is more than half the year where I live. Sunlight itself is not a factor, as most Aloe are well-adapted to full sun conditions. I grow many Aloe in full sun with nary a leaf blemish.

Also there is no need or benefit to removing flowers from Aloe or most other plants. Their presence will not significantly impede the growth or health of the plant. Really, it does seem perverse to remove one of the most ornamental features from a plant largely grown for ornament. More importantly, your neighborhood hummingbirds (or sunbirds, honeyeaters, honeycreepers, etc.) will greatly appreciate having some lunch to eat.

Ask a Question