Avocado plant. black spots

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi, i have a 8 months avocado tree plant and recently i am noticing dark spots on my leaves and black tips too and it is advancing slowly. What could the problem be? Too much water? Salt problems?

Thank you very much

Attachments

• 20200405_160036.jpg
    20200405_160036.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 20200405_160028.jpg
    20200405_160028.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 132
Reaction score
Country
Italy
So doesn't avocado need much water? I've the same problem :banghead:
And what about the sun? They like it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So doesn't avocado need much water? I've the same problem :banghead:
And what about the sun? They like it?
Avacados don't like to live in WET soil. They like damp soil. When watering them water them thoroughly until ALL of the soil is saturated, then do not water them again until the top 3 or so inches are dry. Watering too often leads to browning leaf tips and margins. It causes black discolorations on the leaves. It leads to root rot and plant death. A plant can survive longer with no water than being saturated for too long a period. Watering too often literally drowns the plant, it denies the plant oxygen. Did you know that more plants are killed by watering too often than by disease? As far as the sun is concerned an avacado is a tropical plant and therefore likes all of the sun it can get except in very dry and hot conditions like in the Sahara or someplace similar.

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Thanks for the great explanation, I didn't know all these informations!
Very kind of you

Ask a Question