Are these plants salvagable?

Reaction score
Country
United States
4 top hat blueberries, 2 blackberries and 1 good goji.

They've been in these pots a year at least, never had the chance to plant em last year. Think all or most came from rare seed.

They don't seem root bound at all which is surprising, they've kinda been in shade all year. The blackberries don't look root bound, but the roots grew thru the bottom and under another planter, should I cut the roots or just burry em? Something ate all the leaves off the goji Berry last year. They don't look two bad, blackberry is sprouting, green steams on ancient looking blueberry trumps, except the goji looks weak... but me no expert.

Just looking for another view point, Yawl are the only folks I got to bounce farming ideas off of, lol.

1000005393.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I’d find a nice sunny spot and pop them in the ground. Rootbound or not they will grow bigger faster. You can cut off the roots on the blackberry and it will barely slow it down.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’d find a nice sunny spot and pop them in the ground. Rootbound or not they will grow bigger faster. You can cut off the roots on the blackberry and it will barely slow it down.
Hmm, I guess thst makes sense, might be tough to find a permanent spot, but suspect your right.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your other option is shift up into larger pots. Considerably larger for the blackberries
5 gallon should be alright, or maybe a 10er. Blueberries 5, goji 5. Should I cut the growth? Naw, starting to bud. I picked blackberries all summer in tallahassee, but never grew em.

Ask a Question