Any interesting garden sheds out there???

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am sure there are some of you that have awesome garden sheds...would love to see them! Four more weeks until Spring. I planted one seed today. I know, it's weird, but it was one of those 'snail vines' like Thomas Jefferson grew. There were only 5 seeds in the packet and I had a nice, cleaned out pot with an obelisk...so in it went. I absolutely love gardening. Am I good at it? Well, um...in my mind I'm amazing. In reality, not so much. We have to make our own fun these days. Hope everyone is well and avoided that flu. To warmer days and bright flowers!
The chicken coop we built 2 years ago, for our 4 hens, is built to serve as a shed or playhouse should we decide chickens is not for us.
(Don't mind the surrounding mess, we're still working on the courtyard)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's beautiful! Those are some very lucky chickens!! :D

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wow Gemma; chicken coop indeed; it's a chicken five star hotel and your chickens will never want to leave home. It looks gorgeous; a lot of thought has gone into its design and the construction is excellent; I'm very impressed indeed; if this is the way you treat your chickens your main home must be a palace. Thanks for sharing. :):):)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi,

Wow Gemma; chicken coop indeed; it's a chicken five star hotel and your chickens will never want to leave home. It looks gorgeous; a lot of thought has gone into its design and the construction is excellent; I'm very impressed indeed; if this is the way you treat your chickens your main home must be a palace. Thanks for sharing. :):):)

Kind regards, Colin.
Aww @Colin, thanks for the kind words!
We had to do a lot of research: predator control, proper ventilation, insulation, lighting etc but what took the longest time, was preparing and setting the Cedar logs. ...as for my house, it's always clean and neat, but definitely not a palace! We renovate indoor once the outdoor is done, lol if that's even possible.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
They certainly look happy - no wonder! I'd love to keep chickens. Maybe one day :)
My idea of keeping chicken would be to let them roam free, but I live on predator central, they wouldn't last a whole day out there
I'm not sure mine know they're chickens, they hatched in an incubator and moved to my basement as soon as they were dry, I kept them indoor (confined) until the coop was done, and treated them as you would any other house pet. I gave them names and they come when they hear calling!
This was their very first home

Ask a Question