Interesting grow box idea for winter gardening

Reaction score
That's perfect that's what have to do. I don't really need or have space for a greenhouse. A grow box however is perfect.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'd love to have grow boxes like those. They're not only very useful, but they also look great:) Thank you for sharing this video!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is a very good idea. I too have no room for a green house, but I could see putting a couple of grow boxes in my yard. You could even paint the different colors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh wow, that seems pretty neat. I might want to try that whenever I settle down somewhere. It's nice to have things growing during winter. :3

Reaction score
Those won't work in my area. The garden gets too frozen and too cold where I live. I would have to dig really deep in the ground to get below the frost/freezing line. Neat idea, though!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Those won't work in my area. The garden gets too frozen and too cold where I live. I would have to dig really deep in the ground to get below the frost/freezing line. Neat idea, though!

Actually, all you have to do is line the inside edges of the box with reflective insulation. It would heat up the box from the sunlight enough for the plant to thrive. You just have to make for sure that the cover (you can make it using plexiglass) does not get blocked by snow or dirt. I've seen another video where the person did that. The box was covered in snow when they went to check it. When they opened the box, the ground was moist and the plant was healthily growing inside. It gets below freezing here and I fully intend on doing that.

Ask a Question