Another squirrel attack!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I can't believe you guys don't eat them. They're delicious fried with gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and tomato salad. I might bury an old tough male squirrel but the females and young are hard to beat.
I have eaten them. My Grandmother would make squirrel gravy for me when I was a teenager. My wife is not cut from her cloth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have eaten them. My Grandmother would make squirrel gravy for me when I was a teenager. My wife is not cut from her cloth.
I understand about the wife thing but something I have always wondered about is why? My wife cuts up chicken but cut up a squirrel? No way. Why is that? So I end up cutting up EVERYTHING that doesn't come out of the grocery store and that is a lot of things. She will cook some of the game I kill but she doesn't like to so I end up cooking most of it too. I guess that's why God invented BBQ pits.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I understand about the wife thing but something I have always wondered about is why? My wife cuts up chicken but cut up a squirrel? No way. Why is that? So I end up cutting up EVERYTHING that doesn't come out of the grocery store and that is a lot of things. She will cook some of the game I kill but she doesn't like to so I end up cooking most of it too. I guess that's why God invented BBQ pits.
In the Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood, the moorish character played by Morgan Freeman told a young girl questioning his skin color that " Allah loves wonderous diversity".. Thats all I got.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Where I live it is only fox squirrels and they are near useless as snacks so into the trash can they go - tree-rats and stray cats get the .22 cal RWS 34 treatment to the brain.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had to laugh reading this. I had one in my sights a few minutes ago and he is on the deck now. I haven't decided whether to pull the trigger or catch him in the trap that he walking on. Sometimes I need them to get rid of the black walnuts but mote move in every time I take one out.

Ask a Question