Annapurna emergency: Hanging petals

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Heyhey!

I just created my account to ask for advice with an emergency situation I have at hand and that I hope you may be able to help me with, because honestly, I am quite sad about it.

I recently was gifted a beautiful Annapurna rose that has grown beautifully and very quickly, looking healthy and strong. It is now at the stage of blossoming but since yesterday the flower heads are hanging down. The stems and leafs feel strong and normal but right underneath the flower heads the stems have turned very soft and the petals are now, too. I will include some photos of the state it is in right now:

IMG_3193.jpeg

IMG_3195.jpeg

IMG_3193.jpeg

Up until 2 days ago it did look super healthy:

IMG_3055.jpeg

I did mostly leave it alone during the past weeks apart from watering it and removing some spotted leaves and aphids manually. This is my first rose and I was excited about it but now I feel a bit sad. Maybe you can give me tips to fix it / or to avoid issues like this in the future. I appreciate your time and advice! :)

Ask a Question