Aeonium Haworthii dying

Discussion in 'Indoor Plants' started by Belmont, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Belmont

Belmont

Hey, all. I've had this plant for about 6 months, now, it was a birthday gift. Its been doing great, I recently repotted it and it seemed happy enough. However, over the last month or so, it has been slowly dying. The leaves are simply all shrivelling and falling off.
    I dont believe its due to overwatering, I let the top 3 inches of dirt dry between waterings.

Attached Files:

Belmont, Dec 5, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Belmont

Daren

Hi Belmont. If you can move it to a stronger sun position that may help. It looks as if they are growing in a manner that is often seen when they are in to much shade. Just a thought.

Daren, Dec 6, 2017
    Belmont likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Belmont

Larisa

Another possible reason is a too large pot.

Larisa, Dec 6, 2017
    Belmont likes this.
  4. Belmont

Belmont

I thought it might be because it's not getting enough sun, the days are getting short here and I don't know how much more light I can get it but I'll try. The sun rises at about 8:30AM and sets at around 4:30PM.

I also considered the pot might be too large, but I don't know if theres much I can do about that, I have no more pots and nobody is selling pots this time of year. I thought transplanting it with another plant of similar size would help negate the problem, although the depth is still probably too deep.

Belmont, Dec 6, 2017
    Larisa likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question