Advice needed to eradicate possible disease or mold.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tried posting about my issue in a specialized forum but no one seems to know what im talking about, possibly someone here may know. Its been a year now and every single plant I grow turns limp, sort of like they are dipped in oil, or rubberbandish. They are green and seem healthy at first glance, i suspect its because i supply very good nutes, however, in once veg the limpness manifests. If one takes any part of the plant off and try's to snap it will feel more like a wet noodle, then a healthy plant.

I dont know what to do, I always wait weeks between trying again , with no plants in the room, same thing happens. I noticed some Powdery mildew on leaves before, but this last time, i see none, the plants seem rubbery which is what always happens and no matter how perfect all conditions are, they always end up green yet limp.

Has anyone had a Mold/ disease indoors that lasted long as this ( year) and how do you end it? I was having success before this started.

Last edited:

Mike121

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Are they getting plenty of sunlight? It's worth noting any old light bulb might not be putting off the kind of light the plants need. That's why they have things like grow lights. Assuming that lighting isn't the issue, my next guess would be lack of fertilizer/nutrients in the soil.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mike thank you, . Feeding Jacks 321, RO water checking PPMs going in so its perfect every time. I measure the light, using a very good LED. this is a Mold or disease.

Mike121

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Mike thank you, . Feeding Jacks 321, RO water checking PPMs going in so its perfect every time. I measure the light, using a very good LED. this is a Mold or disease.

Since you're indoors are you growing in pots? Have you tried replacing the soil in any of the pots to see if that makes a difference? I'm not sure what kind of mold, or disease, would cause this that wasn't already in the soil.

Sorry if I'm not of much help. I'm fairly new to this gardening stuff too. I'm just trying to help spitball ideas/things to check.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got any pictures of what you are describing?
What kind of plants are you growing?

Looks like Jacks 321 is some kind of kit with different synthetic fertilizers involved. How are you supposed to use it?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cannabis. Jacks 321 is a very complete Fertilizer, the way I use in coco is feed/water several times a day, coco is always kept wet, with great success until this issue started, Jacks doesn't expire for a very long time BTW.
Photos dont tell the story on this one, its very hard to tell that way. Somedays leaves will even flip upside down, then they look normal later on in the day, but when you touch the plant its obvious. I am sure this is a disease or fungus, Ive grown healthy plants before exactly the same way, its not the water, feed, light, Vpd or temps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
i dont want to cure the plants, once I notice there is no saving them, milk, sulfur, h202 etc........ I want to know how to stop it from happening again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You might be dealing with damping off.

Per google:
Damping off is a name given to a condition where seeds are killed before germination or seedlings are stunted or collapse and die shortly after emergence. Seeds destroyed before germination are discolored and soft. After seed germination, symptoms include brown necrotic lesions along any point of the seedling

I never experienced this starting seeds. However, I did have new plantings I bought outside do that once I planted them in my soil.

The only thing I know off that might solve this is a beneficial bacteria called bacillus. I believe there are 2 strands. One is for Caterpillars and larvae. The other help prevent disease. You can purchase this, its is called Garden Friendly Fungicide. It is produce by Southern AG.

For new seedlings you should put boiling water into you seed starting mix to kill off all the living bacteria and fungus. Once it cools plant as usual.

MOD

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pictures are worth a thousand words. May not help in your case or mine but one wouldn't really know without something to look at.

If it is a fungus, you should be able to see it or its damage. The first thing that hits me is that you are watering way too much. I don't use cocoa coir or grow cannabis but I don't see vegetables needing to be watered that many times per day in a cocoa media especially since it sounds like you are keeping the humidity high which would also help a fungus. MiniOrchardDude may have the answer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
MOD
Screenshot_20240112-152641_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pictures are worth a thousand words. May not help in your case or mine but one wouldn't really know without something to look at.

If it is a fungus, you should be able to see it or its damage. The first thing that hits me is that you are watering way too much. I don't use cocoa coir or grow cannabis but I don't see vegetables needing to be watered that many times per day in a cocoa media especially since it sounds like you are keeping the humidity high which would also help a fungus. MiniOrchardDude may have the answer.
Yum ty, Coco is supposed to stay wet, dry coco may become hydrophobic, it takes a little practice just like most watering but you cant overwater coco, its like a sponge, the water just comes out of the bottom, if anything its overwatered for a few mins, until it drips out the fabric pots. However, Im light with my watering, watering soil and Coco are very different please keep this in mind... humidity is under control, i have a digital controller, and use a VPD chart.
This is a fungus, mold or a disease. Pics dont tell the story, if I post pics people will just say nice plants, and looks good to me. If you touch, snap the plant ,the issue then become obvious.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
:unsure: Don't know what to say. You seem to believe it is a microbial problem.
Since you say you've done it successully before maybe you should start over with a sterile environment and equipment, good seed, and do exactly what you did before something changed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
WE haven’t seen the pictures so you can’t know how we will respond to them. I’ve never grown cannabis, but I’ve grown lots of other stuff and you never know until you try. Post the pics and then wait for more questions - there will be lots.

Ask a Question