Adjara.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
When we came to visit the Georgian family, I was not sure that I could get out of the table on my own. There was more food than in the cafe. All this must be eaten so that the owners will not be offended. Paterfamilias says a toast and pours wine or chacha (Georgian vodka).

20180811_150433.jpg

20180811_150439.jpg

Georgian toasts are unusual congratulations and wishes of health, which can be heard on any holiday.

For example, "A real man is one who accurately remembers the date of the woman's birthday and never knows how old she is.
So let's drink to ensure that on the life of women met only real men! "

If you do not drink it is an insult to paterfamilias of the house.
I tried to object when paterfamilias poured wine to my son. But Georgian men are very hot and powerful. It's useless to argue with them, it's like spitting against the wind. :D

I said that my son is a boy. He said that this is not a boy, but a young man. The son was happy. :D
Fortunately, our paterfamilias poured him some wine.

It seems there was at least 20 toast. :cool:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
One of the most famous sights of Batumi is the Botanical Garden.
The whole park is divided into 21 zones: from hot Mexico and South America to the harsh Himalayas.

All plants are planted at different heights. Therefore, you should be ready to constantly climb and descend along convenient staircases or just green paths.

There are bamboo benches or gazebos for those who decided to relax. There are many springs with drinking water and clean toilets, several observation platforms with chic sea views and free Wi-Fi.

20180820_120408.jpg

20180820_121159.jpg

The history of the botanical garden begins in 1881, when the French nobleman Michael D'Alfons began to make a park near his dacha on the Green Cape.

Officially, the year of foundation of the Batumi botanical garden is considered to be 1912. It was then that the Russian botanist Andrei Krasnov began creating a garden. .
Since then, the botanical garden is growing, unique collections of trees are constantly increasing. Now the territory occupies 113 hectares.

The purpose of creating a botanical garden was to adapt atypical for this region plant species from: East Asia, North and South America, New Zealand, the Himalayas, Australia and the Mediterranean.

Each plant has a tag with a name in Georgian, English and Russian.

20180820_110815.jpg

20180820_110825.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alba

Latest Threads