A one time achievement

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I had sown some long bean seeds and managed to get one to germinate. What I planted was a medium sized long bean but see what I got!! This happened only once as when I had sown the seeds from this bean it did not produce what I was expecting to.

longbean.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I dried it for getting seeds but alas this performance was not repeated :)

I agree, amazing! At least, you have a picture for a keepsake memento. Did you measure the length? I am out of the loop, when it comes to planting fruit and vegetables, but you have sparked my interest. About how long of a germination time for beans? I might want to give it a try! I think, I would be tempted to press and dry the long bean and hang in a picture frame.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I agree, amazing! At least, you have a picture for a keepsake memento. Did you measure the length? I am out of the loop, when it comes to planting fruit and vegetables, but you have sparked my interest. About how long of a germination time for beans? I might want to give it a try! I think, I would be tempted to press and dry the long bean and hang in a picture frame.
Long beans germinate quickly may be a week. I wish I had dried it and treated as a memory. As I have lost a chance forever (lol)

Reaction score
Amazing! You have sparked my interest in beans again, to be honest the last time I planted something like this was a long time, but I might really give this a try next year for sure. Can't wait.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Amazing! You have sparked my interest in beans again, to be honest the last time I planted something like this was a long time, but I might really give this a try next year for sure. Can't wait.

Actually they are the easiest to grow.

Ask a Question