A new member, a new gardener!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Moh, photo #1 (basil?) looks fine. The other two vegetables will need thinning. I use tweezers to pull out the extras, and depending on what herb/vegetable I'm thinning, I leave growing space of 1 to 2 inches around each. The Shahi, since it is a grass, won't need much thinning. The second photo, I don't know.
In future (and you do have a future as a gardener(y)) small seeds can be mixed with fine sand and then planted. The sand keeps the seeds farther apart.

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
Moh, photo #1 (basil?) looks fine. The other two vegetables will need thinning. I use tweezers to pull out the extras, and depending on what herb/vegetable I'm thinning, I leave growing space of 1 to 2 inches around each. The Shahi, since it is a grass, won't need much thinning. The second photo, I don't know.
In future (and you do have a future as a gardener(y)) small seeds can be mixed with fine sand and then planted. The sand keeps the seeds farther apart.
Photo #1 is radish, the second one is Thai basil and the last one is shahi (garden cress). Wow, that sounds very professional, I think I will need much more knowledge to know how to thin vegetables and I'm pretty sure with the help of you magnificent people I can get there.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure I have seen cherry tomatoes growing in hanging baskets, but not certain about the exact variety :confused:

Ask a Question