Do you remember these cars?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I am sharing this pic from a reddit post titled "My childhood on a truck" and it described me.
f4opflsljv111.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah! Remember the first Beetle, by my brother! He had to get out so that we can get in at the back. Ever after that, no matter how poor I am, I make sure I have a 5-door car. It's not funny when there is an accident, with people unable to get out of the bug!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I see Herbie the love bug, the batmobile and I think it's the back to the future DeLorean on the bottom?
Yep. Plus the Jurassic Park theme ride car and Ghostbusters ambulance wagon. What is the motorcycle with sidecar? A batcycle? And the vehicle turned facing rearward? Maybe the Jurassic park jeep?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
My mum had a white volksie and she would to let my son paint it up as Herbie, using water colour paint. What a grandmother:love:.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I think the motorcycle is the one Steve McQueen rode in a WWII movie but I can’t remember the name. Was it The Great Escape?

The film was called The Great Escape, but in that Steve McQueen rode a 500 or 650cc Triumph solo motorcycle. The bike in the photo looks like either a pre war (1938?) BMW flathead with sidecar. Or possibly a Russian or Chinese copy of the same bike.

Ask a Question