A happy bee

Reaction score
This is my happy bee shot - it's the one that my husband took last year that started me on the idea of framing the flower pictures:
View attachment 864

Wow! Just look at that!!! That bee is huuuuge :eek: Lovely :p I see why you decided to enlarge this and put it in a frame ;) The flowers are beautiful as well! Purple is my favorite color :) What's the name of this plant? I've seen flowers like that before, but I don't know the name. They're lovely anyway :) I love taking photos of flowers as well, it's a great hobby... I'm just waiting to buy a new camera. :)

Thanks for sharing this amazing shot with us!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow! Just look at that!!! That bee is huuuuge :eek: Lovely :p I see why you decided to enlarge this and put it in a frame ;) The flowers are beautiful as well! Purple is my favorite color :) What's the name of this plant? I've seen flowers like that before, but I don't know the name. They're lovely anyway :) I love taking photos of flowers as well, it's a great hobby... I'm just waiting to buy a new camera. :)

Thanks for sharing this amazing shot with us!
It's an aster - I'm not sure exactly what sort as it is our next door neigbour's. She gave me a root cutting last fall, and mine is just starting to bloom now, but it's no where as tall as hers yet. Maybe next year. :) I've got a purple one, a pink one and an white one, and I just can't wait for them to start blooming!

The bees here are huge. There are a couple of different varieties, and my favourite are sort of a black and off-white type, that are like big bumbling teddy bears. They grumble when I deadhead the plants they are visiting, but they never get aggressive, we just work around each other. :p

Reaction score
I think if it is the shot that brought you together I think you pretty much have to frame it! Congratulations :D

I really like having personal art - about 80% of the art that's on our walls is made by someone in our family, or is connected with somewhere we've lived. What could be better than a beautiful piece of art that started the beginning of a lasting relationship?

I think that the new camera is a good idea - you obviously have an eye for a good shot!

Oooops, I just saw this message! I actually didn't met my actual boyfriend that way, I met my ex that way... but let's not tell him ok? LOL!

This is a trend I'd really love to follow :) If we want to have some art around the house... what could be better than having personal art hanging on our walls? I bet nothing can beat that! I'm sure your house must look splending with all that art hanging on the walls! I'm pisces and I've a taste for beautiful things :) I just wish I could paint :p I looove artistic stuff!!! I feel like I need something like that in my life, you know?

You're very kind :) to the point I feel flattered by your words! I just try to snap the best shots I can :) Hopely soon I'll get a nicer camera and will be getting into this again :D

Reaction score
It's an aster - I'm not sure exactly what sort as it is our next door neigbour's. She gave me a root cutting last fall, and mine is just starting to bloom now, but it's no where as tall as hers yet. Maybe next year. :) I've got a purple one, a pink one and an white one, and I just can't wait for them to start blooming!

The bees here are huge. There are a couple of different varieties, and my favourite are sort of a black and off-white type, that are like big bumbling teddy bears. They grumble when I deadhead the plants they are visiting, but they never get aggressive, we just work around each other. :p

It's a beautiful plant :) I might get a lot into gardening if I go back to Europe. I might end up living in the Netherlnads... I'd love to get a couple of asters like yours! I want mine to be purple only tho :) (I love purple). I really hope you can take some shots of your asters once they bloom! I'd love to see that!

I loved the description you gave of those bees behaviours :) They sounded really sweet (for a bee), over here we have the average looking bee. I had no idea there were different varities of bees - up until now! The small ones over here are a bit aggressive :eek:

Reaction score
Oooops, I just saw this message! I actually didn't met my actual boyfriend that way, I met my ex that way... but let's not tell him ok? LOL!

This is a trend I'd really love to follow :) If we want to have some art around the house... what could be better than having personal art hanging on our walls? I bet nothing can beat that! I'm sure your house must look splending with all that art hanging on the walls! I'm pisces and I've a taste for beautiful things :) I just wish I could paint :p I looove artistic stuff!!! I feel like I need something like that in my life, you know?

You're very kind :) to the point I feel flattered by your words! I just try to snap the best shots I can :) Hopely soon I'll get a nicer camera and will be getting into this again :D

Whoops! Yes, better to keep that mum! LOL

I'm a pisces too - do you spend most of your life trying to go in two directions at once, as well?

Reaction score
Ladies both of those pictures deserver frames! Just think if you had them hanging on the wall, on the cold dreary days of snow and sleet you can look at the beautiful flowers and dream of summer again!

Reaction score
Ladies both of those pictures deserver frames! Just think if you had them hanging on the wall, on the cold dreary days of snow and sleet you can look at the beautiful flowers and dream of summer again!
LOL, mine is already hanging on the wall, along with a big monkey face pansy :p I've got a few others I want to get printed, but just haven't gotten around to it. I want to have a wall of flowers :D

Reaction score
LOL, mine is already hanging on the wall, along with a big monkey face pansy :p I've got a few others I want to get printed, but just haven't gotten around to it. I want to have a wall of flowers :D

Now you are going to have to take a picture of your wall and show it to us! LOL

Reaction score

I will do it as soon as I move to my new home with my soon-to-be husband :) I'll frame this picture, and others. It's really funny now that I think about it, because my future mother in law loves to do the same with the pictures she takes. She bought a Nikon recently, so she is going totally nuts with it! Taking pictures not only of flowers, but also of bugs in her garden!

Reaction score
Whoops! Yes, better to keep that mum! LOL

I'm a pisces too - do you spend most of your life trying to go in two directions at once, as well?

LOL, yeah! It's like I always have to decide between two things, I don't know if it's just coincidence or it's actually a normal thing. I'm an introvert by nature who likes to spend most of her time alone, and having a very small group of close friends. What about you??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
This is my happy bee shot - it's the one that my husband took last year that started me on the idea of framing the flower pictures:
View attachment 864
I love your happy bee shot and it certainly deserves a frame. I have several bee shots on my hard drive because this year I am obsessed with them lol but first I have to dig them out...Great shot:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
index.php

Well it didn't take me long to find one of my bee shots. This one, I intend on framing whenever I get the chance to print it and look for a frame...lol I would say, he's a happy bee, too!!

Reaction score
index.php

Well it didn't take me long to find one of my bee shots. This one, I intend on framing whenever I get the chance to print it and look for a frame...lol I would say, he's a happy bee, too!!

This would look great with a purple bezel between the frame and the photo. Once again a great shot!

Ask a Question