A good use for dryer sheets

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
To get rid of mosquitoes, place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away! I don't know if this work but since it is that time of the year I will give it a try. I think I will spread a few around the deck so I can sit out there with getting biten.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
o_O:( Please excuse my ignorance, Pat but what is a dryer sheet? Probably goes under different name here but maybe with a brief description I could work it out. We are, after all, upside down!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Dryer sheets won't be one iota effective against mosquitoes. If they were, don't you think everyone would be using them?:rolleyes: Save your money and use them for their intended purpose.

@DeborahJane, dryer sheets are little squares of fabric you put in the clothes dryer to reduce static, soften clothes and add scent.
https://www.google.com/search?q=dryer+sheets.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
:rolleyes:
Dryer sheets won't be one iota effective against mosquitoes. If they were, don't you think everyone would be using them?:rolleyes: Save your money and use them for their intended purpose.

@DeborahJane, dryer sheets are little squares of fabric you put in the clothes dryer to reduce static, soften clothes and add scent.
Thanks BethB. Sound like a good idea. How have I managed for 40 odd years of washing and drying. It they help soften they might reduce ironing....not that I iron very much. I may give it a try. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
:rolleyes:
Thanks BethB. Sound like a good idea. How have I managed for 40 odd years of washing and drying. It they help soften they might reduce ironing....not that I iron very much. I may give it a try. :rolleyes:

o_O:( Please excuse my ignorance, Pat but what is a dryer sheet? Probably goes under different name here but maybe with a brief description I could work it out. We are, after all, upside down!!!!
That makes two of us and it is already now explained by @Beth_B

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I didn't know what a dryer sheet is either, haha;)
If I ever find one in a store, I'll buy it and give this method a try. Mosquitoes are nasty creatures, I'd do anything to repel them:confused:

Reaction score

That is a shame beth, but it does make sense! I also thought it was an odd tip. But I guess it could be worth giving it a try at least once? You never know ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It works for areas that are not overwhelmed with trees and puddles. I also damped the dryer sheet and rubbed it on my dog when we are outside. Since we live in the city, there aren't much mosquitoes except after the rain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We have been having non-stop rain for an eternity and mosquitoes are out by the jillions. I did a test with both used and unused dryer sheets on the effect that they have on mosquitoes and scientifically I have proven that dryer sheets have no effect on anything except wrinkles.(n) However, they do a fairly good job of wiping off the blood from a mosquito that has been smashed while sucking you dry

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dryer sheets can be taped to the front of a fan to freshen the air, and you shove one in a toilet paper tube. If you are sneaking a cigarette or whatever, blow it through the to tube, and it'll come out of the tune smelling like you're drying clothes

Ask a Question