A few shots around Dorset yesterday

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I heard of a teenager who had been swinging on a sign saying 'Danger', next to a precipice. Of course he received a Darwin award. I guess some people like living on the edge;)

Reaction score
I hadn't heard of it till that survey, don't know how I missed something being filmed on the beach here, must have been concentrating on fishing :D

Someone I know was fishing under the cliff there when a sheep landed on the beach next to him, he thought it must be dead, but a few minutes later it got up, shook it's self and walked off down the beach :eek:

Lol, that must have been quite a shocker for that person you know ;) I'd have also jumped to that conclusion immediately, what a surprise when the sheep got up, lol, that must have been a super sheep :D

Reaction score
Those photos are lovely. The sheep is so adorable. I'm glad that the other sheep in the story survived the fall and walked away.

Reaction score
Not having a telly at the time I was quite surprised when I had to review Broadchurch for a survey, suddenly I was looking at an ex Doctor Who standing on the beach where I fish :D

The car park has been closed and full up with big film making vans recently, think they're filming another series.

I have to admit you surprised me - as I felt more than sure that you as you lived there - you would have known all about Broadchurch :D especially as I've watched it and I don't even have a TV signal where I live o_O

Oh and many thanks for the news that a second season is on the horizon :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't have a telly till may this year, even missed the filming of Harbour Lights here too

And the first episode of the fall and rise of reginald perrin

Reaction score
Didn't have a telly till may this year, even missed the filming of Harbour Lights here too And the first episode of the fall and rise of reginald perrin]

Although I do vaguely remember watching some of " The Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin " am not at all familiar with the show " Harbour Lights " but either way - as so much filming goes on down your way - I can only think that your favorite fishing spot - is not only very popular but extremely busy too.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I even ended up on the front of a leaflet when I was fishing off the pier :D

Reaction score
I even ended up on the front of a leaflet when I was fishing off the pier :D

Ah well - cats out of the bag now - you're famous in real life - but hey just thought - I hope you benefited from that and received a royalty fee for allowing the use of your image on an advertising leaflet :D

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Ziggs, These photos are beautiful! I've never been to Devon or England for that matter, I'll have to live vicariously through the images you've shared here. I'll be looking around the site to see if you've shared others.
I love the photo of the sheep, what a face!
I have to ask... Was the yellow bear dangling precariously, yours or was it left behind by someone?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah well - cats out of the bag now - you're famous in real life - but hey just thought - I hope you benefited from that and received a royalty fee for allowing the use of your image on an advertising leaflet :D

:D Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy.

It was a fundraising leaflet so i'll let em off :D
Hello Ziggs, These photos are beautiful! I've never been to Devon or England for that matter, I'll have to live vicariously through the images you've shared here. I'll be looking around the site to see if you've shared others.
I love the photo of the sheep, what a face!
I have to ask... Was the yellow bear dangling precariously, yours or was it left behind by someone?

Ta Gliss :)

It was a lost bear, it's customary to put lost items in a place where the owner might see them if they come looking. Should have seen the look on my Daughters face when she saw her lost toy donkey in a shop window :D:D

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ta Gliss :)

It was a lost bear, it's customary to put lost items in a place where the owner might see them if they come looking. Should have seen the look on my Daughters face when she saw her lost toy donkey in a shop window :D:D

That's a great custom Zigs. I can only imagine your daughters face! Did she think they were selling her toy donkey??

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You could see it all going thru her head, that looks like my donkey, hold on a minute, that is my donkey :D

Reaction score
Country
United States
You could see it all going thru her head, that looks like my donkey, hold on a minute, that is my donkey :D

Hahaha! This made me LOL for real! I can just imagine it... Thank you for the mental image :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I am constantly amazed at amount of open space considering the population of your country.

thank you for sharing the pics. Most of the English scenery I've seen has been on tv, the inside of The Rovers.. ☺

Ask a Question