6 June 2016 Vegetable Garden

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://durgan.org/2016/June%202016/6%20June%202016%20Vegetable%20Garden/HTML/ 6 June 2016 Vegetable Garden
The vegetable garden is thriving. It rained sufficiently yesterday, the first in about a month. There are no bugs out so far this year. A few rabbits appear but the little dog discourages them and barrier fences reduce the damage. Birds are a hassle as the fruit starts to ripen, particularly with the cherry tree. Some greens have been harvested and more to come. I pressure can almost everything which is not eaten fresh.
dsc_93906%20june%202016%20garden2_std.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
We've needed rain here as well and this week we've had plenty so far. We're apparently getting thunderstorms and rain all day today. This morning was already pretty nasty. The thunder and lightning was pretty bad and I haven't seen it rain that hard in a long time. Your garden looks good!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
It is cold 10C today. 8 June 2016. We got a reasonable amount of rain but could use more.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
Here in Nepal, rainy season has started. We are getting plenty of rains and rain is doing good to our okra, eggplant, beans, cucumber, squash, pumpkins, bottle gourd, snake guard, bitter guard and may more. The only problem with the rain is weed is growing rapidly and hindering the growth of vegetables.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have short storms passing by these past two weeks, and now it is cold. My containers garden are doing well and start to take off very well.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unfortunately, we had 4 to 5 days of nothing but rain last week. This damaged my garden greatly as I had plants standing in water. I tried to save some of the plants by bringing them inside and repotting them. Lost all my cauliflower and green beans.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Temperature this morning is 7C. But hope, the Sun is shining brightly and no accumulating clouds. No rain yesterday.

Ask a Question