2023 favorite tools?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I can easily go first. The one garden tool I find in my pocket most often is a simple pair of midsized scissors.

I am gonna call the gloves personal wear. The rubbery ones are the ticket for grabbing weeds.

You?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The biggest things I have is a backpack sprayer and a reverse rotation tiller. Secondary tools are a shovel, rake, wheelbarrow, and knife.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I got a garden wagon on sale a couple weeks ago. It's handy to pull stuff back and fourth to the garden.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My tractor mower is no 1 - sit down on the job!
1685541031850.png
Kent & Stowe small secateurs, and small (ladies) Kent and Stowe border fork ... we've done many miles together :love:

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wagons for the win. I use mine a lot and have hauled several tons around here with it.
It has been really handy for hauling buckets of water. I can't do that with a wheel barrow because it's not level. The one I got I can remove the sides in less then a minute so it has also come in handy for a seat when it's time to take a 5 minute break lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
It has been really handy for hauling buckets of water. I can't do that with a wheel barrow because it's not level. The one I got I can remove the sides in less then a minute so it has also come in handy for a seat when it's time to take a 5 minute break lol.

Last few weeks I have loaded mine with large chunks of broken concrete to pull it across unlevel ground, then 400 ish pounds of lumber for a fence, then the concrete bags for the fence posts.

Another great "hack" is use a black concrete mixing tub to hold all the tools you're using on projects in the yard. Then there is one place to look for what you need - drill / ratchet / wrenches / hammer / hardware. Same idea works for painting - roller pan, can, and the like goes in the tub - spills are contained and it prevents you stepping backwards into the roller pan.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Last few weeks I have loaded mine with large chunks of broken concrete to pull it across unlevel ground, then 400 ish pounds of lumber for a fence, then the concrete bags for the fence posts.

Another great "hack" is use a black concrete mixing tub to hold all the tools you're using on projects in the yard. Then there is one place to look for what you need - drill / ratchet / wrenches / hammer / hardware. Same idea works for painting - roller pan, can, and the like goes in the tub - spills are contained and it prevents you stepping backwards into the roller pan.
I have kind of thought they couldn't compare to a wheel barrow for years. But now that I have one it is something I will use for just about everything. The wheel barrow is good for moving and dumping soil/compost quickly but that's about it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
With gardening tools, a gardenin' must-have is a good-quality pair of shears or a pruner. Next on my list would be a good-sized spade, a hoe, a shovel, and some good garden gloves. Oh, and maybe a trowel or two!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The tool I always carry around the garden is for sure the garden shears and a bucket.
Lots of other tools I use but I can’t walk around the garden even once without using shears for dead heading , removing yellowing lower leaves etc.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just got this new sawzall and love it. I have one with a cord but this one is so easy to carry around, trim and get rid of anything. I can stick it in the ground and cut tree roots like butter. I even cut off a few unwanted metal fence posts in seconds.

PXL_20230615_163350473.MP.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got this new sawzall and love it. I have one with a cord but this one is so easy to carry around, trim and get rid of anything. I can stick it in the ground and cut tree roots like butter. I even cut off a few unwanted metal fence posts in seconds.
Are you saying you can cut metal t-posts? Or fence posts for chain link? I never used my sawzall for cutting metals, so trying to learn.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Are you saying you can cut metal t-posts? Or fence posts for chain link? I never used my sawzall for cutting metals, so trying to learn.
Yes, it would cut all that no problem. That big blade I have on it in the pic is for wood, the blades to cut metal have smaller teeth.

Ask a Question