2017 What has failed you misereably?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It's awkward!

If I start to list my failed gardening trials, it would be a long list.

I sow some flower seeds, just a week after that my old lady, hired someone and removed top soil.

Too much rain, killed my small plants ( few basil, mint, two rare creeper, etc), will have to plant them again. My bonsai are doing good though and trying to grow some guavas, peppercorn and gardenia.

Soil was so waterlogged, that it nearly killer my papaya plants, don't ask about mealybugs which made it almost leafless pole.

When waterlily was just going to bud in one of the tanks, it caught some kind of leaf rotting disease, don't know what to do except clipping off old leaves as it has fishes.

My hibiscus was torn, split in the middle by falling branch and died. Luckily was able to save some of the cuttings.

You can guess what would have happened, when all ant holes are fill with rain water, they decided to move into the house.

The guy from whom I usually buy plants, was spraying insecticide. Can't decide weather to keep those plants or to dispose them off.

And so on, failure does not count till it's the last one, giving up hope does!

I will try again

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Rajesh Sethi Now, it might not work, but I watched youtube video on cinnamon and one of them said that you can scatter cinnamon where the ants are and stop them from entering your house. It's better than spraying with insecticides. I also pour salt into the holes where the ants come up from my pavings. Cinnamon fed to plants is said to be good for them and it's said to prevent damping off.

Have a look at youtube and only try cautiously. But I have heard about the benefits of cinnamon for seedlings somewhere else before

Last edited:

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
[QUOTE="

Have you had any disappointment(s) this year?[/QUOTE]

my lottery numbers.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Untitled-1.jpg
Same here! I earned £5.90, but actually lost £2 or £3. And on 19 September, I saw the message of winning £2.90. When I clicked to withdraw, it's like someone lurking behind the computer taking that money from me. Everything was done by direct debit. It's not the £2.90 that was important, but the fact that I kept seeing it, but I couldn't get it. And unlike the £5.90 which was already withdrawn by myself.

Then Lottery twitter blocked us from writing to them any more and gave us a "find the answers" page ... Then, papers say the North Koreans are trying to commit fraud to get money out of us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4938640/Kim-Jong-money.html

I won't play it online again!

Ask a Question