2017 What has failed you misereably?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
What has failed me miserably?
That's an easy one, my looks, little by little, year after year, day by day, and minute by minute. I'll tell ya that much! lol

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What has failed me miserably?
That's an easy one, my looks, little by little, year after year, day by day, and minute by minute. I'll tell ya that much! lol

Don't be silly! You're a good looking fine fellow, with nice personality. Fancy those who tumours on their faces or warts all over their bodies and faces.. ?

I wish I hadn't been so thoughtless .. I was only joking. I wish I were that good looking .. There's nothing wrong with your look ..

That makes me laugh though.. I know this is a joke from you, too.. Like your bloomers .. I miss that kind of jokes ...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@johnny canoe - How about this personality

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4905768/Human-Ken-Doll-reveals-apprehended-Dubai.html

LOL! You really don't need to feel miserable..

448220BC00000578-0-image-a-93_1505907189606.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hahaha! Nothing wrong with wrinkles. Sean Connery made a lot of money with his wrinkles.

This person is having plastic surgeries non-stop and the NHS even funded his vanity .. How annoying .. especially he's looking so much worse. It's a pain to look at IT (plastic surgery!)!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What the heck is the stuff they inject into their lips. pig grease? I hate when people do that, makes them look like their hemorrhoids moved up.

I think he has been told he couldn't be surgically enhanced or reduced any more. I prefer this old look in his passport ..

With these people obsessed with plastic surgeries, they always turn out to look absolutely ridiculous. And then the obsession becomes an illness ..

His operations have failed miserably ...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A huge amount of pears and a small number of apples!
Last year I was not satisfied with a large number of apples and a small number of pears.
unknown.gif

:eek::D
Hahaha! I never knew you could be so humorous, @Larisa ! Wish I could help consume whichever you don't want.. I'm a known scavenger! :p

For me, it's the labelling again. I tied a label to my hellebores with no name, but single (SN), speckled (spk), pink (PK) and when I dug it up, the label flew away and I didn't even know where it landed. :eek:

I took cuttings early on of my dahlias. Potted them up with various labels. Then the pots were so small that some part of the tubers didn't come into contact with soil and by the time I shuffled around, all the labels were mixed up..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
But there will be a surprise! :D

You do know how to make me laugh .. Well, when people ask me what this or that is, I have no clue.. Then I looked at all the labels that I could find, I was even more puzzled as they were so similar, but definitely different!:eek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Alp, one year I took cuttings of my own root roses and had 65 in pots labeled with names on popsicle sticks. I up-potted to gallon containers, getting them ready to sell for a charity. Our adorable cat decided the labels looked like fun, and I had 65 unidentified roses! I had to hold them for a full season until each bloomed and the name could be written on the pot!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@marlingardener Haha! 65! Some record! It's so nice to do your bit for charity. I sometimes want to write the name in the pots, but they are all black and I have no white pen.. What a to do!

I am thinking of stapling the label to a pot. But I am not a gardener and sometimes these plants die on me. Another thing is that all those permanent markers are useless. They all faded and I was very happy to see a label tied to something, but when I turned it round and round, it was pure white .. Nothing written on it. I have so many hellebores that I have to ask son to write out 5 x 1, 3 x 2 .. then the following day, we would use 5 x A as I forgot which number we stopped at. Today, I had to use 3 x U as I didn't think I had used this letter! :eek:

I AM TOTALLY HOPELESS!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh man, so many. ..tomatoes, strawberries, cilantro and cantaloupe ate the most disappointing. I did get one delicious cantaloupe, but that was it. As with the rest of the fruits, bugs seen to get them before I can. I have been able to keep them off my peppers (bell and cayenne)but that's it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@vette-kid Talking about peppers.. I love pointed peppers, raised them from seeds with love and care, placed them where they could enjoy morning, unlike my sweetcorns or Wong Pak, but no, only 2 pointed peppers and the rest are sticks with few leaves. One pointed one is still green, supposed to be red when ripe, and half the size of a normal one. My Pied de Selno melon x 2 plants have died ignominiously. A terrible warty skin melon came up this AGAIN as it did as year on the patch and born 2 or 3 horribly warty little melons. I ripped it up and hope I won't see it again next year!

No plum this year and only a few peaches and most of them went moudy..

Ask a Question