The one thing you hate about gardening

Reaction score
I hate the neck pain I get after a long day of gardening. I don't know if it's something I am specifically doing but after a long day in the garden I always get the worst headache, I think I focus on what I am doing, wedding, planting etc. and I lead with my neck, which leads to serious pain.

Reaction score
Hornworms. Oh, how I loathe them. Always trying to chew up my peppers and tomatoes. One year, I went on vacation and came back to stalks on my jalepeno plants. They had sheared off all the leaves on all three plants. I was so angry.

Reaction score
I know what you mean about the neck pain. I have trouble with my shoulders, and they can sometimes be really painful after pushing the lawnmower, moving around heavy bags of soil and mulch, etc. I usually take some ibuprofen before I start to help cut down on the pain.

Reaction score
Honestly, the fact that they need constant care. I love that in theory, but whenever I get too busy with work, I may completely forget about gardening or any other hobbies. Except that is you don't draw for 2-3 weeks nothing will happen, but if you forget your plants they might die...

Reaction score
Bermuda Grass :mad: , when I lived in Alabama and Texas it was considered a good lawn grass but in middle Tennessee it's a weed because it will not stay out of my garden or manicured landscape.

Reaction score
The number one thing on my list would have to be when one of my plants die; it just hurts so much i feel like a failure whenever this happens.

Reaction score
I don't like the fact when I plant something from seed it grows great inside, and the moment I put it outside into my garden something goes wrong and it dies. This has only really happened to my pepper plants and strawberry plants, I believe that mother nature just hates me putting those into the ground, I also hate growing corn, because for whatever reason I can never get the corn to pollinate right and end up with ears of half developed corn.

Reaction score
The number one thing on my list would have to be when one of my plants die; it just hurts so much i feel like a failure whenever this happens.
Me too! When I was little my mom had a lot of plants. I once saw her replant a plant by chopping a part of it's "leaves"(don't know how to explain what it was) and as a 5 year old, I figured this is how you replant everything. Then my brother and I had the genious idea to play with all our plants, and we broke parts of them to "replant" them...A lot of them died. My mom must've wanted to kill us...I think it's only now that I can truly understand how that must've felt.

Reaction score
Wow i can just imagine how she felt then...i can actually relate as when my kids ruin my plants i am really irate but then kids will be kids so i'll just grind my teeth real hard and put on a broad smile and say " it's not a great deal", but inside i am dying.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not in love with the bugs we find in the garden, the ones that like to eat the plants we are working hard to grow. Worms don't bother me. I also hate the bugs that want to eat me when I am outside working on the garden.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The only thing I really "hate" is that I can never make up my mind where I want something. I've moved some plants two or three times in the last year. Not ideal, but it must be PERFECT! :D

Reaction score
The one thing I hate about gardening is that sometimes it's very time constraining! Sometimes I just don't have the time to tend to it but I do and I'm glad I do because my garden has turned out wonderful. The only other thing is how hot it is outside when I'm out there@!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Slugs.
They ruin everything.
There's nothing more disheartening than digging spuds to dind on tunnel in each, or to see a batch of cabbages ruined almost overnight.
I swear, if the kept to a few, I'd happily share, but they don't SO IT'S WAR!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm not a big fan of slugs either. To be honest, I'm kind of scared of them:eek: They're so ugly! But at the same time I feel very sorry for them, so I don't try to get rid of them. Last year, I fed one salad:p

Reaction score
The major problem that stands on my way is pest and diseases. I hate when I have done all the hard work to find out that pest have attacked my produce. It worries me though having to deal with non resistant pest and diseases. it's time consuming and I have to spent most of my precious time tackling this problem.

Ask a Question