Should I Start Over

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Amazon sent me an email saying that this item cannot be shipped to my State. I'll have to find and use sone other fertilizer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
The only way I know off is to solarize and it is too late for that now. If it were me I would concentrate my efforts into making your existing soil as fertile as possible now. Fertile soil has few pathogens. If it is blight, it can be greatly reduced by incorporating horticultural cornmeal into the soil. But you also have all of those larvae which may or may not be in your garden soil. These have to be eliminated. My best recommendation at this time is to plant your small plants into large containers until your main garden area is pest free and unaffected by whatever has been effecting your plants. I know this isn't much of an answer but it seems you have been blessed with a bunch of malady's not normally seen and it makes a diagnosis and cure rather difficult without being there.
I just ordered this 40 lbs bag from Amazon. IView attachment 9032 will fertilize the soil throughly when it gets here.
Poultry manure and woodash is an excellent combination for peppers and tomatoes.
Its slow release of nutrients is ideal for the growth stage, the potash rich woodash is great for the fruiting stage, with plenty of calcium in the poultry manure to help against blossom end rot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
View attachment 9043 I could not find the Medina's fertilizer anywhere in my area. However, one lady from the nursery did recommend worm castings.
Worm castings are great but IMO overpriced. I use them religiously in my compost tea. You will have tons of worms in your garden soil if you use organic techniques

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry @zigs, I was referring to the pictures in post #20. Is that blight please?

Missed that one Sheal, yes it does look like blight, burn everything at the end of the season, don't let any infected material overwinter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I pulled out the plants and rake the top soil this morning. I saw several of this brown looking worms, and another creature that looks like a weevil. Also, the soil looks quite sandy at the bottom.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I pulled out the plants and rake the top soil this morning. I saw several of this brown looking worms, and another creature that looks like a weevil. Also, the soil looks quite sandy at the bottom.

View attachment 9048

View attachment 9049
View attachment 9050
The white thing in the first picture is a damaging grub, probably a root eater. The brown thing in the second picture is a millipede, in this case a beneficial that only eats dead and decaying organic matter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I am going to use the Monterey spray to spray the soil this evening. Then, I will repeat every other day for week. I am hoping to get rid of them soon. The millipede will be collateral.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
The white thing in the first picture is a damaging grub, probably a root eater. The brown thing in the second picture is a millipede, in this case a beneficial that only eats dead and decaying organic matter
Looks like a vine weevil grub.
They have brownish heads and live on plant roots.

Ask a Question