Should I Start Over

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If your soil stays wet to long the roots will start to rot. space your plants so they will get more air to the soil and help it dry out faster.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Too high in nitrogen.
Tomatoes need very little fertilisation when they are growing, but loads, high in potash when flowering and fruiting.
So, woodash/seaweed in your growing medium & one good pee in your watering can when you water them in.
Comfrey tea, if you can get it, once a week whilst fruiting, and compost tea every fortnight. The compost tea will not be harmed by the addition of comfrey, so can be made as one batch.
That has been enough for a huge crop for me..

Do you make your own comfrey tea and if so how much tea do you use on each plant ? I have tons of comfrey growing in my yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I took a look my plants this morning, and the eggplant plants don't look too good. My tomato plants was looking pretty good, but I started to notice some yellow and brownish spots on the leaves too. I am now worried that the same thing will happen to it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
On another note, this one tomato plant looks pretty healthy. Also, I was able to get rid of the aphids and have kept them away from my pepper plant with a daily garlic solution.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 9020 View attachment 9021 View attachment 9022 View attachment 9023 View attachment 9024 View attachment 9025 I took a look my plants this morning, and the eggplant plants don't look too good. My tomato plants was looking pretty good, but I started to notice some yellow and brownish spots on the leaves too. I am now worried that the same thing will happen to it.

I'm sorry ferice I think your plants have blight, perhaps @Chuck can confirm that for me. If it is blight all the plants will have to be destroyed or binned. Don't compost them as it could spread.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am not sure. There has a been very lengthy period of limited sun and overabundance of rain.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
With blight in peppers, there is usually a dark-brown lesion near the soil line. do you have that?

Because I'm thinking bacterial leaf spot.

Remove all infected leaves and burn them.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks more like leaf miner damage

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I am actually willing to get rid of everything now. I don'tnwant to infect the smaller plants that I can transplants later on. Is there a way to decontaminate the soil before planting new plants?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am actually willing to get rid of everything now. I don'tnwant to infect the smaller plants that I can transplants later on. Is there a way to decontaminate the soil before planting new plants?
The only way I know off is to solarize and it is too late for that now. If it were me I would concentrate my efforts into making your existing soil as fertile as possible now. Fertile soil has few pathogens. If it is blight, it can be greatly reduced by incorporating horticultural cornmeal into the soil. But you also have all of those larvae which may or may not be in your garden soil. These have to be eliminated. My best recommendation at this time is to plant your small plants into large containers until your main garden area is pest free and unaffected by whatever has been effecting your plants. I know this isn't much of an answer but it seems you have been blessed with a bunch of malady's not normally seen and it makes a diagnosis and cure rather difficult without being there.

Ask a Question