10a
Country
United States
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Over the past four weeks, I've sprayed my eggplants and tomatoes plants with neem oil hoping to get rid of some fungi and Whiteflies. For a second, I thought they were getting better; however, I noticed the upper leaves are infected. Should I removed the curent plants and put new one on the ground? See pics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
View attachment 8666 View attachment 8667 View attachment 8668 View attachment 8669 View attachment 8665 Over the past four weeks, I've sprayed my eggplants and tomatoes plants with neem oil hoping to get rid of some fungi and Whiteflies. For a second, I thought they were getting better; however, I noticed the upper leaves are infected. Should I removed the curent plants and put new one on the ground? See pics.
No! Not on the eggplants. I would buy some tomato transplants though. In 10a you still have time for tomatoes before and if you get a frost. If you see evidence of insects on the upper leaves then spray with Neem or spinosad. Once you have an infestation of harmful insects you must stay proactive in dealing with them. Getting rid of them once isn't a permanent cure. That is why you must disrupt their reproductive cycle by a spray regime. I would pull up and burn your tomato plants as it looks like they are infected by blight

I

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
image.jpg
I've been using the nature's care plant food. I also purchased some fish fertilizer recently.
I will cut these plants in half and also purchase some new plants.

I did pull the tomatoes plants. Should i add some salt, cornmeal and fertilizer to the soil before planting new plants.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Too high in nitrogen.
Tomatoes need very little fertilisation when they are growing, but loads, high in potash when flowering and fruiting.
So, woodash/seaweed in your growing medium & one good pee in your watering can when you water them in.
Comfrey tea, if you can get it, once a week whilst fruiting, and compost tea every fortnight. The compost tea will not be harmed by the addition of comfrey, so can be made as one batch.
That has been enough for a huge crop for me..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
IMG_1022.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG
IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1021.JPG
IMG_1018.JPG
IMG_1019.JPG
Here are some updated pictures of my plants. I think my tomato plant is now infected too. I planted it a week ago, and you can start to notice some small hole on the lower leaves. Also, the eggplants are looking worst than they were last week. It seems to be progressing faster than expected. It has been raining quite a bit here, so I wonder if it has something to do with my tomato being infected so fast.

Attachments

• IMG_1020.JPG
    IMG_1020.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 347
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
View attachment 8802

View attachment 8804 View attachment 8805 View attachment 8806 View attachment 8807 View attachment 8808 Here are some updated pictures of my plants. I think my tomato plant is now infected too. I planted it a week ago, and you can start to notice some small hole on the lower leaves. Also, the eggplants are looking worst than they were last week. It seems to be progressing faster than expected. It has been raining quite a bit here, so I wonder if it has something to do with my tomato being infected so fast.
Probab!y so. too much rain is worse than not enough

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I believe your plants don't lack water so maybe it is a pest that is doing that to your eggplants. I am sorry if I have no opinion on the problem but I can feel your regret in seeing your plant seem to be dying like that. One of our lemon trees died and we suspect it is a borer that creates pin holes in the stem then lays eggs. The holes were tiny to the naked eyes so we didn't see it until the plant had died.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
We rained here for several days, so I have not watered the plants. This is how one of my eggplant plant look in the afternoon. They look a little better in the morning but the still droopy.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ask a Question