my ficus can't decide if it wants to grow or die.. please help me keep it alive

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I have been having trouble with my ficus. I've had it for a few months and it would occasionally drop leaves, but nothing major. And it consistently has been growing new shoots off the branches. I think it developed an infection of some sort because when I pulled the pot out of its container, there was this clumpy white stuff near one of the drainage holes. And leaves were browning. So I decided to repot it.. I removed most of the existing soil around the roots to get rid of any suspicious stuff .. (amount of weird stuff was minimal).. and I put it in a slightly bigger pot. Maybe an inch bigger. Now, it's losing leaves like crazy.. entire branches are full of dead leaves .. yet are growing new shoots too. What do you think is going on here? I'm a true novice with this stuff and I appreciate any and all advice.

Attachments

• IMG_8961.JPG
    IMG_8961.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_8962.JPG
    IMG_8962.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_8963.JPG
    IMG_8963.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_8964.JPG
    IMG_8964.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 266
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you.. I bought it some liquid food. I feel like it's so fragile. If I look at it wrong, a seemingly healthy green leaf will fall off. Maybe it is just malnourished. I'll prune, as well. Thanks!

Ask a Question