I have heard that the UK is being hammered by high winds, and most of the US is having freezing rain

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
If it were warmer, yes :D

Reaction score
We had a lot of rain in Connecticut on Sunday but no freezing or wind. Better rain than snow as far as I'm concerned! It will get very cold this week but its January coming in.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They're saying we've got another month of storms to look forward to in the UK :(

Just took a vid from the top of Burrow Hill, starts off looking back toward my Village.

Sorry about the low quality, had to use my old camera.

This is a different flood from the last one I put up.

Somerset is now officially saturated :(

Reaction score
They're saying we've got another month of storms to look forward to in the UK :(

Just took a vid from the top of Burrow Hill, starts off looking back toward my Village.

Sorry about the low quality, had to use my old camera.

This is a different flood from the last one I put up.

Somerset is now officially saturated :(
What a mess for you where you are, hope that you all can stay safe and dry. We are now officially into the big freeze in Connecticut with the temps doing their January freefall. By the end of the week we will have some negative numbers at night....brrrrr!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Should be cold here now, but the storms are bringing up warmish air with them, rain coming in sideways at the moment.

DSCF0001.JPG

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's the first work day of the new year and it is cold in my area with a promise of more of the same for the balance of the week along with some rain. Global warming is making our area colder than normal, I can't say I like this very much. It is cold enough to snow if it starts to rain.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lightning, hail and more rain today. Made it to the shops though :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The weather man was wrong again. It started snowing in the afternoon we received about two inches of snow. It came down real fast catching people off guard and unprepared for the snow.

Reaction score
zigs, I bet you wish you could pull the plug to let the water out of the tub!

Tomorrow or the day after we are supposed to get the coldest air that we have seen in years. Today the weather is mild and 45 degrees Fahrenheit (about 7 above Celsius) and so I have my husband and son cooking meat on the back deck. My son is learning: his Dad is teaching. There is nothing like a Father-son team, charcoal, and a super-sized bottle of lighter fluid!

I prefer a smaller fire of wood to cook over, but then I am interested in the cooking while I think that they are interested in burning things up!

By this time tomorrow or the day after we will be inside with soups and breads and things: let the pyromaniacs have their fling first!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:D Yep, we need a sump, in the summer there will be a hosepipe ban.

Let them have their fun :D It's about the same temperature here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Zigs, you are getting the rain we usually have this time of year. Our temperate rain forest region has been really dry and warm. I have been out moving perennials and getting a few beds remade for spring. Crazy weather, but I didn't get any fall clean up accomplished because we had dry freezing weather. Nice to get a little of last seasons jobs started. Staying dry or enjoy the liquid sunshine?

Reaction score
Yes, they are still saying that we will have temps of -7 to -10 degrees Fahrenheit, and the drop in temperature has already started.That converts to a low of -22 Celsius, give or take a degree or two.

That is why I was so pleased to see the guys outside horsing around with the charcoal grill: now they can stay inside all day and not get cabin fever! Now they can stay inside, watch TV, and not argue. I am very glad that we do not live up North where I hear they are having power failures!

Zigs, I see on YOUR weather report that wet weather is expected for the UK for the next few weeks. I hope that town that is cut off has enough canned goods and such to last them until the roads are passable again! Our roads closed once because of an ice storm: I now carry a variety of canned goods because it was not fun having the same foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Ask a Question