Do you talk to the plants while you garden?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
My mom said she talks to her plants when she waters them etc. She said it always works because when she does, the plants grow and bloom beautifully. I always believe all living things have spirits, that all are connected with the same source from the tiniest living being to the biggest. I am sure plants and trees have feelings too, I may not prove it but I can feel it and it doesn't mean it's not true if I can't prove it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My mom said she talks to her plants when she waters them etc. She said it always works because when she does, the plants grow and bloom beautifully. I always believe all living things have spirits, that all are connected with the same source from the tiniest living being to the biggest. I am sure plants and trees have feelings too, I may not prove it but I can feel it and it doesn't mean it's not true if I can't prove it.
I talk to weeds quite often ?!!!**^$+=@

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I have found that a gentle talking-to helps some plants, and a stern "grow or you're out of here" also is effective. I also talk to the cat, our chickens, myself, and occasionally my husband.
If you love your plants, why not tell them so?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Only to threaten them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
:p All the time. People who see me doing it look at me like I'm crazy or something. I also talk to my animals like they are human.

Scientifically it has been proven that plants respond well to certain sounds, music and the human voice being on the top of the list.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I must say that you can probably find me guilty for this! I talk to my plants like they are my children. lol I feel that everything needs love so I try to encourage it as much as I can :) I find it works pretty well too. I love my plants and my plants love me!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I would like to think that it has something to do with all living things thriving in a caring environment but part of me thinks it is the blowing off of CO2 from speaking which they in turn give back O2 to us. What a great relationship. Just like when we hear about water that has been spoken to harshly instead of pleasant words; people have reported that the water exposed to positive words scientificly looks different.

Bee

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
I sing to my plants and I also play classical music while I am in my garden..They seem to like classical music a lot lol Its beautiful how they respond to the vibrations of sound.I really enjoy the beautiful essence of Mother Nature

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hahah it's funny that you should mention this one because as cliche as it might be a lot of people DO give it a try and some swear by it. I'll sing to them or talk to them on occasion, but I'm not sure it's made much of a difference yet :p.

Bee

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Yes I have a list of beautiful songs I sing to them especially when they are babies. hehe I treat them just like a child growing up because that's what they pretty much are anyway.They are both synonymous with each other :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I say goodnight to all my plants when I leave my allotment in the evening. I also encourage them to grow well, promising to grow some of their offspring if they feed us really well.

Ask a Question